images of hurling,our great irish sport

Since moving  to highlands i started watching the shinty. The shinty park is literally 5mins away. 

Still dont fully understand the rules but i enjoy watching it. 

Majority of kids you pass in the street has a shinty stick.  There was a game in inverness in sept with Ireland but was shinty and hurling combined. 

• Like 1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To compare soccer to hurling is like comparing a terrier who can kill a rat (soccer) to a terrier who can kill a fox (hurling) . Without a doubt hurling is the most skillful field sport there is as we

its like cricket but for broadmoor patients.

involved with or local club. loved playing the game.miss it now  played it for40 yrs.

Posted Images

9 hours ago, scothunter said:

Since moving  to highlands i started watching the shinty. The shinty park is literally 5mins away. 

Still dont fully understand the rules but i enjoy watching it. 

Majority of kids you pass in the street has a shinty stick.  There was a game in inverness in sept with Ireland but was shinty and hurling combined. 

scotland beat ireland in that match.

• Like 1

They sent a bloke out here to the local pitch with a metal detector, they wanted him to check for lost studs and any metal objects for health and safety reasons.......3 weeks that poor c**t was digging in one spot before he realised he had steel toecap boots on ! 

• Haha 4
  • 7 months later...
18 minutes ago, Miga said:

Galway v clare , whats your predictions ? After possibly one of the greatest championships ever, would be great to see another game of the same quality as last weeks.

I think Galway will have just enough, but it should be a cracking game.

Gutted after Cork were beaten last week after being up by 7 points. Next year maybe?

Enjoy the match

• Like 1
On 13/12/2017 at 17:48, Blackbriar said:

I've only ever seen clips, and I haven't the first clue about rules (if there are any !), but definitely not a game for the faint hearted !

Even though I kick with the other foot, I have to say, I love watching Hurling. It is a great game. I would go and watch Antrim now and again, even smack a sliothar around, but it isn't a sport open to folks of my persuasion. Still a good game though.

Just life in NI mate. For both sides. Progress is slow when done right... and we are a stubborn bunch at the best of times :D 

I was going to say, Shinty is good craic as well.. but some of the matches are like American football, with the bloody ref blowing every couple of minutes. No adverts though, which is good :D

• Like 1