images of hurling,our great irish sport

Just now, saluki bouy said:

Half way through autobiography of Jackie Tyrrell a warriors code very good read even for someone who has no idea about hurling such as myself amazing mind set the lad has

As I said mate, they are great athletes.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To compare soccer to hurling is like comparing a terrier who can kill a rat (soccer) to a terrier who can kill a fox (hurling) . Without a doubt hurling is the most skillful field sport there is as we

its like cricket but for broadmoor patients.

involved with or local club. loved playing the game.miss it now  played it for40 yrs.

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, WILF said:

Gealic is touted by many as a real rough, tough game but the truth is it’s far from it.

You will see much more aggression and physical contact inflicted in your average Sunday League football game on a Sunday morning almost anywhere in the UK.

Its much too gentlemanly and the refereeing is dogshite......it could, without the refs be a real tasty game but because the refs won’t allow any nastiness it’s pretty ordinary in truth. 

Agree not as tough as many make out tho still streets ahead of soccer and well ahead of Gaelic on the aggression side of things , much prefer watching now days games compared to the way it was  years ago were the aggression was on another level but skill was dark ages behind the level it's at now days ,and in my opinion is one of the most highly skilled field sports in the world if you consider skill involved and the pace it's played at. Would disagree about the refs think if you look at the quality of all Irelands last lot of years the quality has been exceptional and the refs have more than played there part, just my opinion though?

• Like 3

To compare soccer to hurling is like comparing a terrier who can kill a rat (soccer) to a terrier who can kill a fox (hurling) . Without a doubt hurling is the most skillful field sport there is as well as being recognised as the fastest. You never see a bad game of hurling , as for soccer?????????????

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

i remember once when we were struggling for numbers for a hurling match on a sunday in the 80s,we called into our local and brought 2 lads on with us who togged out in the forward line, the lads were well butted but fair play they didnt let us down.

Edited by stonewall

Suppose different eras have different heroes ,Mackey, ring, rackard ,d j ,shefflin , rings medal haul was unreal think he won 19 railway cups 8r9 all Ireland's and won one as manager/selecter with cork not long before he died

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Miga said:

Suppose different eras have different heroes ,Mackey, ring, rackard ,d j ,shefflin , rings medal haul was unreal think he won 19 railway cups 8r9 all Ireland's and won one as manager/selecter with cork not long before he died

are u up in northern ireland if so ,i was a big fan of sambo macnaughton and ultan macfetterage when they were hurling.did u play a bit yourself miga.

Edited by stonewall
4 hours ago, WILF said:

For every other human being on the planet outside of Ireland, Hurling is a game they play with a ball and stick, they then try and knock the ball between some rugby posts.........that’s about the strength of it.

This has been a public service announcement.

I understood it to be semi-organised violence, where some kind of ball game breaks out now and again...........

• Like 1