images of hurling,our great irish sport

On 12/12/2017 at 19:39, WILF said:

It’s funny, GAA lads are some of the fittest amature athletes you will come across.

Gealic is touted by many as a real rough, tough game but the truth is it’s far from it.

You will see much more aggression and physical contact inflicted in your average Sunday League football game on a Sunday morning almost anywhere in the UK.

Its much too gentlemanly and the refereeing is dogshite......it could, without the refs be a real tasty game but because the refs won’t allow any nastiness it’s pretty ordinary in truth. 

As is rugby. If you were ever looking at a rugby stag night. They all pretend they are not from posh parents and one of the bunch always dresses in drag. I would question someone's sexuality if you need a chest pump after every shot.

• Like 2

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To compare soccer to hurling is like comparing a terrier who can kill a rat (soccer) to a terrier who can kill a fox (hurling) . Without a doubt hurling is the most skillful field sport there is as we

its like cricket but for broadmoor patients.

involved with or local club. loved playing the game.miss it now  played it for40 yrs.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, jiggy said:

As is rugby. If you were ever looking at a rugby stag night. They all pretend they are not from posh parents and one of the bunch always dresses in drag. I would question someone's sexuality if you need a chest pump after every shot.

Yep, I agree......rugby is a pile of shit as well!

when folks are as interested in what the ref says and does as they are in the game then you know it’s shite !

• Like 1
1 minute ago, WILF said:

Yep, I agree......rugby is a pile of shit as well!

when folks are as interested in what the ref says and does as they are in the game then you know it’s shite !

House party in paddy jacksons tonight wilf ,Are you up for it. ? Nothing worse than an animal but if he is from higher class then he gets the nod them rugby posh boys need in a kick in their rich bollocks because you can't hide behind Mammy an daddy forever. If the spoilt Cnuts had of came to a rough area then they would get found out out.Never earned a crust but live off daddy. 

https://amp.independent.ie/irish-news/30-seconds-of-madness-that-led-to-brian-murphys-death-26018702.html

The bizarre thing is, people over here are always saying “what’s the problem with Football in Ireland”.......the answer is three letters......GAA !

If this country and the people put as much passion and enthusiasm into football as they do GAA this little country would be one of the best footballing nations in the world........as it stands, Football is dying on its arse over here.

47 minutes ago, WILF said:

The bizarre thing is, people over here are always saying “what’s the problem with Football in Ireland”.......the answer is three letters......GAA !

If this country and the people put as much passion and enthusiasm into football as they do GAA this little country would be one of the best footballing nations in the world........as it stands, Football is dying on its arse over here.

You hit the nail on the head Wilf. In Ireland the GAA goes to the very fabric of being Irish. It is who you are, where you come from, the pride in the parish, playing with your brothers, relations, friends and neighbours. It is at the centre of almost everything, particularly in rural Ireland. Parish's who have nothing else will have a GAA field. Some great clubs in the cities as well, doing great work to promote the sport.

Soccer doesn't seem to instill that belief or sense of belonging.

Soccer moving to a summer season is going to put the two sports in conflict, competing for players and making young lads choose between one or the other. Which is not good for either sport. 

GAA pitch on the Aran Islands. Must have taken some sweat, blood and tears in getting it set up and maintainedScreenshot_20190602-160938.jpg.ef939f8832013d044fd3bcc1f81e88f1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was in Cork June 2000 (?) When the foot and mouth was on. Cork v Munster I think, semis of the hurling Championship.

One team played in blue and yellow, the other in yellow and blue lol.

Cheers, D.

1 minute ago, dytkos said:

I was in Cork June 2000 (?) When the foot and mouth was on. Cork v Munster I think, semis of the hurling Championship.

One team played in blue and yellow, the other in yellow and blue lol.

Cheers, D.

Tipperary v Clare in the Munster championship.

Now if your looking for passion and pride that's where you'll find it

• Like 1
On 12/12/2017 at 19:51, WILF said:

The thing the local GAA clubs get very right (and the Irish FA get very wrong) is that they put money back into the game and the community.

You will see tiny little towns with about 5 houses but they will have a really good GAA pitch complete with clubhouse, changing facilities and flood lighting and the local clubs are the heart and soul of the community.

They are great at getting kids involved, it’s cheap and the coaches put in a lot of time and effort.

If the FA copied the GAA then Ireland would be a footballing giant !! 

I like the sound of that

Bet they've got some brightly coloured annuals planted in a loam adjacent to the clubhouse