My Wife always does a couple of Jars for Boxing day , she uses Vinegar that has been used once  before with Shallots , i find it Sweet  and Spicey and much less tart than fresh Liquor  and are ready in two weeks  though you can keep them as long as you want

SUNP0023.JPG

• Like 6

How do you prepare them,have bought a acreage and am getting a dozen eggs a day,would I have to keep in the fridge(summer over here atm) after pickling.cheers.

20 hours ago, micky said:

My Wife always does a couple of Jars for Boxing day , she uses Vinegar that has been used once  before with Shallots , i find it Sweet  and Spicey and much less tart than fresh Liquor  and are ready in two weeks  though you can keep them as long as you want

SUNP0023.JPG

1 hour ago, Aussie Whip said:

How do you prepare them,have bought a acreage and am getting a dozen eggs a day,would I have to keep in the fridge(summer over here atm) after pickling.cheers.

Hard boil

Peel 

Place in Jar 

Cover in Vinegar 

Add any Spice you like

Leave  as long as you want. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

FAO Ant. Eh up pal. You did say when I was up last that you would be having a few new birds. What happened to the walkabout bird? Don't know when I'm up the next but will be in touch. Have a good un you both. Hope you get to enjoy some of our traditions. Jok.

• 1 month later...

Well I got inspired, but cheated a bit.

I hard boiled some eggs and put them in a jar that had just been emptied of gerkins (my 13yr old daughter loves them), so 'waste not want not' instead of pouring out the pickle liquid I put the eggs in there. Its mild but also has the flavour of gerkins.

I tried it a few weeks ago and the eggs were quite nice, so we topped up the jar, but they are kept in the fridge.

A long soak would make them excellent. Looking forward to doing some  vege's.

CAM00435.thumb.jpg.6b5aceae896777715b73b10965f72151.jpg

CAM00436.thumb.jpg.25b5b625f3894e096022514a905b4e11.jpg

• 2 months later...