Wellies

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Give these a go Rez

By the way Si ,,,,you and your fecking car my new van would not start yesterday needs new glow plugs thats what i get for laughing atvbjimmy

Here we go again, wish there was an ultimate best wellie rhread?    Cheers, D.

Posted Images

Being a tightass ,my £12 wetlands lasted 2 seasons ,big leak last saturday frosty sloshing hour of numbness ,now replaced with a pair of Hi-Tec 4mm neoprene lined £30 specials .Yesterday snowing till 2pm temp minus 1 warm n toasty and if i tear them £30 isnt Le Chameau or Aigle money .And tbh the number of people who,s expensive Aigles are split/tearing after a few months is getting silly dont they read reviews ??

13 hours ago, PLEDGEY said:

Problem with wellys is as you walk they act like bellows and blow the hot air out and suck cold air in. Even if you got good socks yer feet still get cold. My Mrs bought me a pair of water proof leather boots from Country Wide Stores, they were closing down in Bridgwater. Didn't think much of them at first but they haven't let any water in yet, are extremely comfortable and the have a tie around the top. If I do it up nice and tight it keeps the heat in and me feet stay nice an' toasty........good times :-)

Not if you get a decent set of neoprene ones, mine hug my legs and no cold air been drawn in, no chance of them slipping off in mud either which is very reassuring considering the places I go.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, villaman said:

Muck boots for me and i feel the cold but not with theses on i don't 

Agreed, mine are about 15 month old now and had some abuse, still going strong as well unlike most I have had, makes the price more attractive when they last longer than a year.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2017 at 23:09, hoggysreels said:

Hunter Balmorals ... I'm on the farm at least 5 days a week; had them for four years and they are perfectly sound.

I always liked the hunter boots, but they are deadly slippy, wet concrete, wet wood, etc, the amount of times my feet went out from under me am surprised I never broke an ankle or something, shame as that was the only thing I found let them down.

51 minutes ago, meg1 said:

£10 Dunlop's two pairs of socks, I would be scared to get le chameaus muddy let alone ripped on barbed wire

I wear Dunlop's and an extra pair of insulated socks........my mate wears flashy, neoprene lined things with buckle straps on etc. Mine cost 11 quid, his well over 100 - and his feet are no drier or warmer than mine !

A Welly has one job........why overcomplicate things ?

• Like 1