working homes required

Ah cracking photos there, some real nice looking friends, and looks like they will do a good turn for you in return, been a pleasure reading this thread, just how it should be, wouldn't mind something like those as my farm dog.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

after loosing my border dog 3yrs ago ive had to more or less start again, i have 2 borders out of the same litter, i was going to put my old dog over the bitch but it all went pear shaped, i went out

Thank you very much Dave they are full of them selves the man from Belgium is picking his up from me Wednesday mate they are as forward as any pat pup I've had

If they're registered keep hold of their papers for a year or so and if they've  still got them then give them the papers.

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Just to throw a spanner in the works 

but we’re borders ever truly a digging dog as such anyway? 

Im not sure  stiff the first one I had was to hard for his own good didn't last long or the second direct off Levi oaks was a good finder stayer but never produced as lmost of her were culled but if she went to ground you were diggging good nose to 

Edited by blackmaggie
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, neil cooney said:

You'd better believe it.

I had a full KC Reg Border dog about 20 years ago that was a handy earth dog.

If the fox didn't bolt immediately, then you were digging..LOL

A friend also had one that was pretty much the same.

They were tough little dogs.

• Like 1

We had a couple down the years that were as good as any,one in particular been too hard for her own good but always got a result,trouble was that to keep a line was impossible as they were so scarce compared to black dogs or russells so they dwindled away but they were a grand little dog to work.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, fat man said:

We had a couple down the years that were as good as any,one in particular been too hard for her own good but always got a result,trouble was that to keep a line was impossible as they were so scarce compared to black dogs or russells so they dwindled away but they were a grand little dog to work.

If memory serves me right we actually sent one back with you lads Dillydog one time ye were over for a wknd,a big lump of a dog about 14 months at the time.

3 hours ago, dillydog said:

I don't recall seeing any borders over there Fat man, I've got a soft spot for them though and if you'd had one going I'd of begged it for sure ?

My mate Pat had them,maybe you hadnt been over at that time but 1 definatly went back over with some of the lads,could have been Joe,next time i asked about the dog i was old it was mute when working and was given to a friend who had a farm to keep vermin down.They were very well bred and came from Cobh in CO,CORK.

• Like 1