Shaking lamp leaving it still?

Everybody different.round by me where the rabbits have been hammered I tend to put the lap just next to the rabbit if it's squatted just so I can see it on the overspill of light. Then when I get close enough pit the lamp directly on it and shake it if /when it gets close to the hedge .this is what I found works for me 

1 minute ago, Navek said:

Everybody different.round by me where the rabbits have been hammered I tend to put the lap just next to the rabbit if it's squatted just so I can see it on the overspill of light. Then when I get close enough pit the lamp directly on it and shake it if /when it gets close to the hedge .this is what I found works for me 

Is this to confuse the rabbit a bit when it gets close to the hedge?

Just now, Huntin said:

Is this to confuse the rabbit a bit when it gets close to the hedge?

Yea I find it work s 95 % of the time...sometimes tho you get that rabbit who just knowers where he's going and flies strait in to a run at full speed in the thickest cover in the whole field 

some nights i shake the beam other nights if i think the beam shake isnt working so well and its nice and dark i flick the light off then on that also helps keep them from pushing through the hedge. sometimes i do both a quick shake as the rabbit is getting close to the hedge then flick off and on as its just about to push through. 

both methods will work but some places where the rabbits know the score its harder to get them off the hedges, you need near purffect weather to aid you.

my lamps flick on and off easily as i dont have your standard switch on them, i take them off every lamp and just touch 2 wires together.

• Like 1

place i used to go rabbits where heading for home first sweep of the lamp so i started lamp on straight up the hedgerow it was like a light barrier they didnt want run through the beam,as i walked up hedgerow i d then sweep out and a few would be siting tight,anything to get the dog a few runs.

always found the more powerful the lamp the better it was if you was trying to shake one away from cover

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1