New Mamba Lite

:huh:As good as the Nikko Diamond was on my Falcon Prairie, the lack of parallax adjustment started getting on my tits - I'd be ok for a few shots but, then eye strain would start kicking in and, I'd find it hard to adjust.

I'm sure I missed a few easy shots because of parallax error 

Anyway, decision made - it was new scope time :yes:

I decided that I still wanted something mid sized - the Nikko is a 3-9x42 and it sat well on the rifle :hmm:

I had a bit of a look around - I also wanted something that I could use with a NS Viper.

....... I found an MTC Mamba Lite 3-12x42 on the Optics Warehouse website. Perfect :yes:

The marketing picture showed an original Mamba and, it had an SCB reticle. Happy days - I ordered it.

When it turned up, it was the new version (I probably should have known from the dimensions) - I thought 'Ah, for feck sake', I tried a new style Viper and hated it :rtfm::rolleyes:

Being an impatient twat, I fitted it anyway.

It's actually ok - the reticle is very fine, I definitely prefer the original SCB but, I'll give this a fair go.

Parallax and mag adjust nicely.

The flip ups work well and stay out of the way well.

I've got no idea what the little window is for on the rear flip up.

It has an illuminated reticle that's operated with a tap-button thingy on the parallax knob - it gives a few different levels of brightness. I reckon it'll take a little getting used to.

I like the proportions of the scope - it sits well on this rifle :thumbs:

I zeroed it in at 27yrds at work this morning - the windage and elevation turrets give nice positive feedback when turned.

I can't fault the service from Optics Warehouse - I ordered midday on Tuesday and, it arrived before 10am on Wednesday. The tracking through DPD is also a nice touch :good:

So, all in all, it's not what I wanted but, it seems to be a pretty good scope.

....... I think I'll feck work off tomorrow and head down to Black Cat for a proper play and, get the reticle mapped out :thumbs:

IMG_20171202_083456.jpg

IMG_20171202_083134.jpg

IMG_20171202_083229.jpg

IMG_20171202_081743.jpg

IMG_20171202_081810.jpg

IMG_20171202_083417.jpg

IMG_20171202_080846.jpg

• Like 2

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers Jimmy   Do you think it'd be ok if I drew a pigeon round my shots?

Only two in the red dots and even them are not center crap shooting that Jon                             hears a tip tak

WHY NOT THATS WHAT I TOLD MARK TO DO WORKS EVERY TIME FOR HIM AND HE ONLY ZEROS AT 10YRDS IN HIS BACK GARDEN ATVBJIMMY

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

:huh:As good as the Nikko Diamond was on my Falcon Prairie, the lack of parallax adjustment started getting on my tits - I'd be ok for a few shots but, then eye strain would start kicking in and, I'd find it hard to adjust.

I'm sure I missed a few easy shots because of parallax error 

Anyway, decision made - it was new scope time :yes:

I decided that I still wanted something mid sized - the Nikko is a 3-9x42 and it sat well on the rifle :hmm:

I had a bit of a look around - I also wanted something that I could use with a NS Viper.

....... I found an MTC Mamba Lite 3-12x42 on the Optics Warehouse website. Perfect :yes:

The marketing picture showed an original Mamba and, it had an SCB reticle. Happy days - I ordered it.

When it turned up, it was the new version (I probably should have known from the dimensions) - I thought 'Ah, for feck sake', I tried a new style Viper and hated it :rtfm::rolleyes:

Being an impatient twat, I fitted it anyway.

It's actually ok - the reticle is very fine, I definitely prefer the original SCB but, I'll give this a fair go.

Parallax and mag adjust nicely.

The flip ups work well and stay out of the way well.

I've got no idea what the little window is for on the rear flip up.

It has an illuminated reticle that's operated with a tap-button thingy on the parallax knob - it gives a few different levels of brightness. I reckon it'll take a little getting used to.

I like the proportions of the scope - it sits well on this rifle :thumbs:

I zeroed it in at 27yrds at work this morning - the windage and elevation turrets give nice positive feedback when turned.

I can't fault the service from Optics Warehouse - I ordered midday on Tuesday and, it arrived before 10am on Wednesday. The tracking through DPD is also a nice touch :good:

So, all in all, it's not what I wanted but, it seems to be a pretty good scope.

....... I think I'll feck work off tomorrow and head down to Black Cat for a proper play and, get the reticle mapped out :thumbs:

IMG_20171202_083456.jpg

IMG_20171202_083134.jpg

IMG_20171202_083229.jpg

IMG_20171202_081743.jpg

IMG_20171202_081810.jpg

IMG_20171202_083417.jpg

IMG_20171202_080846.jpg

Only two in the red dots and even them are not center

crap shooting that Jon

hears a tip take the shot first then draw the circle around the shot works all the time  :whistling::laugh:

like toby says nothing wrong with them shots Jon

or the scope

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

looks good that jon:thumbs:

the scope covers look a lot better on yours than the ones that were on the evx I had, they were flimsy and didn't shut properly!

think that window things supposed to line up with the windage side so you can see your parallax easier!

yeah sack work tomorrow and go enjoy your self!!

atb si

ps... ive ordered you the Stargate pack:laugh:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Only two in the red dots and even them are not center

crap shooting that Jon

hears a tip take the shot first then draw the circle around the shot works all the time  :whistling::laugh:

like toby says nothing wrong with them shots Jon

or the scope

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Cheers Jimmy :thumbs:

Do you think it'd be ok if I drew a pigeon round my shots? :whistling::laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Rabid said:

I like that ret, and had thought about trying the mamba lite, I believe the window on the flip up is a magnifying glass to look at top turret adjustment, at least it was on the viper pro.

It is a useful ret Rob but, I can see it getting lost in the background from time to time.

It might be ok once I get used to tapping that IR button thingy.

I did wonder about that little window - there's no detail on the top turret though :hmm:

1 hour ago, si brown said:

looks good that jon:thumbs:

the scope covers look a lot better on yours than the ones that were on the evx I had, they were flimsy and didn't shut properly!

think that window things supposed to line up with the windage side so you can see your parallax easier!

yeah sack work tomorrow and go enjoy your self!!

atb si

ps... ive ordered you the Stargate pack:laugh:

You haven't? :laugh::thumbs:

....... I'm a proper sci-fi geek on the quiet :yes::laugh:

The covers on this still feel very plasticy but, they move into 3 positions and stay there well.

Maybe the window is for seeing the parallax but, that just seems like a solution to a problem that doesn't really exist :pardon:

Decision made - I've done well over 50hrs this week and my numbers are good - I'll pop in early, get the paperwork done, then take the Falcon and the TX to Black Cat :yes:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jonjon79 said:

Cheers Jimmy :thumbs:

Do you think it'd be ok if I drew a pigeon round my shots? :whistling::laugh:

WHY NOT

THATS WHAT I TOLD MARK TO DO

WORKS EVERY TIME FOR HIM :whistling::laugh:

AND HE ONLY ZEROS AT 10YRDS IN HIS BACK GARDEN

ATVBJIMMY:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Haha 3

It is a useful ret Rob but, I can see it getting lost in the background from time to time.

It might be ok once I get used to tapping that IR button thingy.

I did wonder about that little window - there's no detail on the top turret though :hmm:

Yes I can believe that, I just prefer nice fine rest that are not overcrowded, like yourself I love the Scb on the Mtc scopes but always open to new ideas.

I like illuminated rets at times, can be very handy, is it in an awkward position ?

maybe just easier for them to use the same rear flip as the viper pro ? 

You haven't? :laugh::thumbs:

....... I'm a proper sci-fi geek on the quiet :yes::laugh:

The covers on this still feel very plasticy but, they move into 3 positions and stay there well.

Maybe the window is for seeing the parallax but, that just seems like a solution to a problem that doesn't really exist :pardon:

Decision made - I've done well over 50hrs this week and my numbers are good - I'll pop in early, get the paperwork done, then take the Falcon and the TX to Black Cat :yes:

no.... but I have arranged for Patric Stuart to call round yours for Christmas dinner:laugh:

black cat Sunday sounds way better than work... have fun!

atb si

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Rabid said:

Yes I can believe that, I just prefer nice fine rest that are not overcrowded, like yourself I love the Scb on the Mtc scopes but always open to new ideas.

I like illuminated rets at times, can be very handy, is it in an awkward position ?

maybe just easier for them to use the same rear flip as the viper pro ? 

It's not too bad, it's on the end of the parallax knob - I've just got to get the hanf using it properly.

IMG_20171202_081743.jpg