Show your guns

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An old lady from '62 (Gebruder Merkel Suhl, 16/70) used for almost anything from quail to wild boar  My favorite rifle for stalking deer/chamois - a Brno 22f from '49, 7x57 The m

A couple of pics of my Mossberg 500 8 shot on pt1 showing the safety catch slide that I made from steel when the nylon one broke across the screw hole.  I have posted this pic for the benefit of Wombl

Posted Images

On 12/17/2017 at 19:41, Underdog said:

Hope you get it fixed buddy :)

On 12/18/2017 at 12:44, Meece said:

I think that there is a tube of Bostic out in the cupboard

Look you cant see the join.  for some reason this is one of the hardest guns that I have taken pictures of, to get the engraving in focus and the colour tones right.  I still haven't achieved it.

DSCN7506.JPG

DSCN7510.JPG

DSCN7526.JPG

DSCN7525.JPG

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Meece said:

Look you cant see the join.  for some reason this is one of the hardest guns that I have taken pictures of, to get the engraving in focus and the colour tones right.  I still haven't achieved it.

DSCN7506.JPG

DSCN7510.JPG

DSCN7526.JPG

DSCN7525.JPG

Lovely, shame the barrels were welded on wrong way :pardon:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Underdog said:

Lovely, shame the barrels were welded on wrong way :pardon:

Hahaha! That’s exactly the sort of thing my dad would say! 

In his eyes every O/U is a clay gun! He always shakes the hand of people on shoot days who still shoot S/S which is becoming a rarity, and he can’t bare to look at my synthetic franchi  affinity! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Meece said:

That looks a workmanlike tool. Can you show some better lit pictures of the sighting equipment ?

Just got in from a short evening out, just drying the scope and rifle off as there was a bit of drizzle coming down so here’s a closer pic of the scope for you. Only had this IR, scope and rifle combination together for a couple of months, I absolutely love it! And it’s just dropped it’s 12th Charlie. The scopes a drone x10 and a P.B. IR. 

436C5C19-7CBE-4750-B65E-DCB9824E02B0.jpeg

Looks good. When you got a rig set up,   it is almost / well it is unsporting. The poor huggers don't stand a chance. It's interesting what you see out there in the dark and the way Charlie moves.  I remember sitting up a tower with a staked out dead poult as bait.  Charlie came into the field and Zig zagged about jumping and mousing in the grass. Sudenly he raced off the field and went strakght through the hedge. Nothing that I had done. Twenty mins later charlie came racing back through the same spot and carried on as if nothing had changed.  DONT KNOW WHY ?

Edited by Meece
6 hours ago, Meece said:

Looks good. When you got a rig set up,   it is almost / well it is unsporting. The poor huggers don't stand a chance. It's interesting what you see out there in the dark and the way Charlie moves.  I remember sitting up a tower with a staked out dead poult as bait.  Charlie came into the field and Zig zagged about jumping and mousing in the grass. Sudenly he raced off the field and went strakght through the hedge. Nothing that I had done. Twenty mins later charlie came racing back through the same spot and carried on as if nothing had changed.  DONT KNOW WHY ?

It is amazing what you see, especially with a thermal. Its great to see animals behaving naturally without them knowing you are there. I know what you mean about the unsporting part but when keepering a shoot the only good fox is a dead one...

12 hours ago, Meece said:

It smelt your brute, or is it old spice you splash on :rofl:

8 hours ago, Underdog said:

It smelt your brute, or is it old spice you splash on :rofl:

None of the above were involved.  The wind was from him to  me. No noise no movement. It was something strange.  Charlie went off the field as if he was tied to the church spire with catapult lastic but when he came back onto the field he arrived as if on the end of a Stuart pierce free kick right through the hedge. Really strange.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That's a nice collection.  Clearly a rifle fan. What's the shotgun at the top? In fact what ad they all, make and cal? It would be nice to see each in more detail. It's nice to look at and handle guns. The mechanics,  the wood and the engraving. It's aĺl a personal choice.