mole traps

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IMO the three on the market (flat pack , bethel Rhodes and peststop ) need tweaking to get them just right, and we all tweak a little differently to achieve that ?.

Caught well ! 

I bought 10 peststop tunnels from Solway Feeders and they all needed tweeks. That said, they were robustly made. Couldn't call them rubbish  

Posted Images

On 12/3/2017 at 21:18, moxy said:

I've a few of those pest stop ones Earthy.? 

To be fair the springs are strong and they catch. I was gifted them so even better .3 seasons and still going strong, although the galv is ending its life on a few.

4 pest stop traps for the same price as a flat pack. You work out the maths. 

nftdmc! 

Just out of interest , Moxy, its claimed they are made to be set, straight from the box (no tweaks required ?),....would you say that's the case ?

26 minutes ago, earth-thrower said:

Just out of interest , Moxy, its claimed they are made to be set, straight from the box (no tweaks required ?),....would you say that's the case ?

No pal. They still need tweaking. Also the  quality on some is bad. 

The springs are strong but the wire is brittle and I've had a few traps where the spring arms and loops have snapped. 

Thats brand new out the box 

29 minutes ago, moxy said:

No pal. They still need tweaking. Also the  quality on some is bad. 

The springs are strong but the wire is brittle and I've had a few traps where the spring arms and loops have snapped. 

Thats brand new out the box 

Cheers mate,  i feared you were gonna say something like that !   ha ha    ( i tried the odd example of these before, over different periods, & never found them 'fit for purpose' straight from the box, either ?)   

• 4 weeks later...

Ive gone against everything I hold dear and have ordered some traps that arent flatpack. Im guessing around 2 more trapping days all my traps will be out in the field and I just got a BIG farm to do yesterday which i dont want to fail on and need a sh*t load of traps asap. Went on flatpacks website but it was £450 for 100, I know its only £4.50  trap but 450 is a lot of money for 1 order.  Ordered 50 pest stop last night, if I like em Ill be putting another order in, if i dont like em I cant say i didnt try.

Hows everyones trapping going? Really hard work here yesterday, the ground was solid. Pasture wasnt that bad but some of the winter wheat (i think) fields were ridiculous, ground was like stone and it didnt give at all right through the day.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, trappa said:

Ive gone against everything I hold dear and have ordered some traps that arent flatpack. Im guessing around 2 more trapping days all my traps will be out in the field and I just got a BIG farm to do yesterday which i dont want to fail on and need a sh*t load of traps asap. Went on flatpacks website but it was £450 for 100, I know its only £4.50  trap but 450 is a lot of money for 1 order.  Ordered 50 pest stop last night, if I like em Ill be putting another order in, if i dont like em I cant say i didnt try.

Hows everyones trapping going? Really hard work here yesterday, the ground was solid. Pasture wasnt that bad but some of the winter wheat (i think) fields were ridiculous, ground was like stone and it didnt give at all right through the day.

Ground like concrete here, since Sunday,.....just starting to thaw a little, now.Got traps in a few different locations, on the Saturday though. Checked a place & traps havent been touched, where i would have expected a few. Just goes to show, moles wont necessarily travel runs, where their not gonna get grub, cause of the low temperatures ? (i think)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mole trapper said:

Down here it's just getting going in earnest, a lot of the runs are literally running with water but still catching in them.

I reckon I must be running a good month behind from last year too, might well be similar country wide mole trapper. Ground had thawed today but very muddy, was like a feckin quagmire in parts, a lot of water coming off the moors. Managed 6 hours trapping but gave up after that, it was drizzling on and off and i was wet and muddy and miserable. Day off trapping tomorrow though, gotta do some other pesty stuff.

12 hours ago, trappa said:

I reckon I must be running a good month behind from last year too, might well be similar country wide mole trapper. Ground had thawed today but very muddy, was like a feckin quagmire in parts, a lot of water coming off the moors. Managed 6 hours trapping but gave up after that, it was drizzling on and off and i was wet and muddy and miserable. Day off trapping tomorrow though, gotta do some other pesty stuff.

I've got a fair few mole jobs booked in next week already which is useful as I have a guy coming down from Bolton to do training. The rodent work this year is off the scale! Not seen a season like it for probably fifteen years or so.

Nowhere near as much rabbit work though? Swings and roundabouts.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2018 at 08:14, trappa said:

Trappa, How have the Pest stop traps faired? 

How much did you pay for fifty? Best I can see so far is about £2.80 each

Edited by Gravy

Mate, so far Im really impressed. Nice solid trap, nice powerful spring it seems to tick all the boxes, only time will tell if they will last a few seasons. Ive got them all out in the field and I caught straight from the off,  though all my farms are now covered in 6 inch of snow so im stuck here and my traps are sat waiting to get moved on, not great. I paid £128 for 50 on ebay, its still on offer. As soon as the snow goes and I can work out how many I need I will be buying another 50 which should hopefully see me right for this year.