Extinct animals

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its all swings and roundabouts, Collard doves spread from India and across Europe  in the 30's and were unknown in the UK prior to the 50's now most think they were always here. Little Egrets  are now

Shame really. I for one will be gutted when the last of the big cats that roam our British countryside become extinct. Especially to the folk who see them regulary.  Maybe they can take some

I thought England always had a few Spoonbills ? A few years ago there was a Barred Kingfisher seen on the Irish west coast that must have been blown from North America on the gulf stream (it's no

Posted Images

I have held a few in my hand,never one that would be bigger than a blackbird or thereabouts in body size,I know there's maybe 4 separate species of parakeet wild in or around London,but have to admit that one does look like the commoner type.

Drowned in alchahol then fried complete, if the French can do it to a goldfinch I,m sure a ring neck would make an absolute banquet, I had a squirrel last week that my dog retrieved live (silly boy) it was biting shit out of him, anyway it was in an orchard and had been dining mostly on apples which made the flavour much nicer than some I,ve tried, so maybe feed the ring neck on cheese and Parma ham for a while and it will be taste like a pizza, 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...

That one was sighted last year , 10 miles from where i live  but it returned to Germany were it was killed in a RTA , another 2 were sighted , one 10 miles from were i live  and the other 20 miles away both died in RTA , its reckoned that within 5 years time wolfs will be breeding again in  the Netherlands .

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, mackem said:

I have just been reading their numbers are increasing in Germany due to the increase in wild boar numbers.

I read somewhere that 600.000 wild boar are anually shot in Germany ,the  city of Berlin has a population of 3000 animals that roam the suburbs of the city. https://www.thelocal.de/20171215/how-wild-boars-are-thriving-in-berlin

• Like 2
On 01/12/2017 at 15:57, Greyman said:

I think they are here to stay now, you can get a licence to shoot them but I can't see us getting rid of them, interestingly they recon the originals exscaped from the film set of African queen with Humphrey boggart

They are on the general licence now , thought to be around 50,000 in the country with an annual increase of 25 % they are a threat to our native hole dwelling bird , including woodpeckers , nuthatches starlings etc ..also there Big gatherings are putting the blue tits greatits and other garden birds of the feeders just by the sheer numbers ..fruit farmers down here hate the bloody things they will keep returning to the same tree till it’s stripped bare ..

8 minutes ago, sussex said:

They are on the general licence now , thought to be around 50,000 in the country with an annual increase of 25 % they are a threat to our native hole dwelling bird , including woodpeckers , nuthatches starlings etc ..also there Big gatherings are putting the blue tits greatits and other garden birds of the feeders just by the sheer numbers ..fruit farmers down here hate the bloody things they will keep returning to the same tree till it’s stripped bare ..

Nature usually sorts out what should and should not be here maybe a population explosion of goshawks and sparrow hawks will be next 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Nature usually sorts out what should and should not be here maybe a population explosion of goshawks and sparrow hawks will be next 

Can’t see that happening before every thing else takes a big hit , I’d stick with something like a 32 gr 5 pigeon extreme , lot mor predictable..:laugh:

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, sussex said:

Can’t see that happening before every thing else takes a big hit , I’d stick with something like a 32 gr 5 pigeon extreme , lot mor predictable..:laugh:

Recon I might enjoy a bit of catty sport if they come this far, used to drop starlings as a kid with a pouch full of Bb,s wrapped in bog roll, peasants shotgun 

• Like 1