Art in the Wild add yours

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another Peter Randal Page sculpture hidden in the Teign Valley.  Its a bolder cut in half and lead let into it I would say over a meter in diameter. The lead is flush as the photos make it seem raised

Also in Exeter.....

Posted Images

Another Peter Randal Page sculpture hidden in the Teign Valley.  Its a bolder cut in half and lead let into it I would say over a meter in diameter. The lead is flush as the photos make it seem raised.

P1180302.thumb.JPG.8cdfe581b3caec4949050b993a12c6f2.JPG

P1180319.thumb.JPG.5b0d9c3188bd0446f96891ba07a31091.JPG

P1180317.thumb.JPG.89e3a245fa847aef081b424bd1621096.JPG

Cheers Arry

• Like 6

to Arry 

I googled his work after you posted the first shots. Really like it. This one is extraordinary... even when I expand it, it's hard to see that it is actually flush; the streaks on the stone look like shadow. 

Thanks. 

Edited by Squeamish5
5 hours ago, Squeamish5 said:

to Arry 

I googled his work after you posted the first shots. Really like it. This one is extraordinary... even when I expand it, it's hard to see that it is actually flush; the streaks on the stone look like shadow. 

Thanks. 

I've taken many shots of the stones and the all seem to come out the same, weird. He has more art in the Teign valley must get there and find some more. It is appositely  flush. If I go up there again i'll take one from the side see how that turns out.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Arry said:

P1180329.thumb.JPG.08e44a74dd3cc31e12209a0a49c80b9c.JPG

Squeamish5. This shot is shows the side of the bolder but I think the lead still looks raised.

Cheers Arry

Yeah. So do I. 

I think it's something to do with the three pale streaks on both the left and right quadrants. I see there are corresponding ones on the other half of the piece, which, if they are in the rock itself, show how meticulously he has mirrored the lead work. Or maybe it's something to do with weathering. Anyway, really lovely and interesting. Cheers

• Like 1