Getting fed up

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's the same here. Just think though lads the places where your going and struggling to catch the last couple of rabbits what are you gonna catch next season when there's no breeding stock?

I've got to say: I was convincing myself that numbers were down after reading stuff like this but actually, numbers are just down in the places that I have been looking. I spent last few weeks trying

Hasn't been rabbits in my area for 25 years but pockets are appearing back again until some clowns go out and spend every day for 3 weeks ferreting them out . Old boys too in their 60,s wouldn't you t

im in south yorkshire and i wouldnt like to say there are tonnes cos im only a young lad and never saw it back in the day but i have plenty in my little area, not tonnes on the farms but there is always something about just mooching round. walked onto a public field tonight i think i counted 8 in one corner and about 4 in the other end of the field, about 6 runnables in about 45 mins including time between spots. big ones too, 

Round by me I’ve hardly seen any rabbits all summer and I was out regularly I’ve seen no young rabbits at all this year over the summer months I’ve been out recently checking all my favourite little ferreting spots that would of been ideal for my pup to see a bit of action An they look dead no fresh diggings or shit or any sign of activity so i didn’t bother with them I managed to get down in a nice little wood that I’d picked out the week before for a go at a quick ferreting trip just to offer her a little bit of experience it offered 1 rabbit I was happy with that I’ll do the same this weekend I’ve picked a few spots out that look like they’re active if I can get her 1 rabbit a week for the rest of the season just to offer her the experience I’d be happy as she’s only 5 1/2 month old that would do me nicely. But next season I’m hoping there’s some rabbits about on the lamp there pretty thin on the ground on all our spots at the minute but who knows what next season will hold im just glad I’ve not gone down the route of owning the small type just rabbit Lurchers like a lot of lads have I’ve left my self with a few options for the next move 

On 11/19/2017 at 19:10, sean09 said:

Il start from the begining. Im from Ireland been hunting the past 20years and recently moved to England, the north west to be precise. I have gained a little bit of perm here and there over the season nothing too much.

I have never seen anything as bad in my life, i have spent the past few weeks going lamping looking for new ground to possibly ferret and pick a few bunnys up on the lamp but there is literally no numbers here in this part. Its extremly frustrating theres maybe a few here and there but nowere near enough to satisfy 2 young dogs busting to get the work in this country.

Example i set off friday night to a bit of perm i got a few bunnies ect, i mean a few think i got 3 runs. Out for 8/9hours scouting about then i done the same last night literally out from dusk till dawn. If that was back home in ireland i would have gotten plenty.

Does anyone else struggle to get any kind of work with the dogs? Surely it cant be as bad as it is!! I done well over 400miles in 2 nights and not a bloody thing. Its very disheartining.

Tell you what, you point me at a few places in ireland lifting with gear and I’ll point you at a few places in England.

On 11/22/2017 at 19:09, Blueboybilly said:

Might be a long shot but does anyone know of any particular spot in the Yorkshire Dales that is worth a visit? I’ve fancied a weekend up there for a while. I used to live in Harrogate but I never had a running dog back then which is a shame! 

here you go fella.......BD23 1EZ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have a theory with hares/rabbits etc.... When hares get bashed and run across fields, the farmers go out and wipe out all the hares, then rabbit numbers grow until said farmer realises they're too many rabbits and bashes them, so lads go after fox .... Same on same on.... I know it's " off topic " but it's a cause of it I think .   Edited to say I meant in general, not anyone specifically 

Edited by Ptd87