I think this is one most of us would like to sign .......

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The erosion of British values and the constant bowing down to religious beliefs is a concern for all British citizens .....

Like that's going to happen, you'd will be back digging badger's before they ban halal.

i think you need to actually understand the petition, just like a lot of the comments on here, this is not about banning halal meat, or even halal slaughter, it's about banning the law that makes them

2 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

Because the  pakis can only sell halal meat

i think you need to actually understand the petition, just like a lot of the comments on here, this is not about banning halal meat, or even halal slaughter, it's about banning the law that makes them exempt from our animal welfare laws, i.e., they need to stun everything first and not just cut its throat and let  it bleed out whilst still fully conscious, I actually agree they should never have been exempt from our laws from day one.

I signed it weeks ago. And I hope it does make a difference, but I doubt it will.

the next step is to get everything that is halal slaughtered labelled so as a consumer we know what we are buying.

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Greg most places do, I won't eat from a lot of takeaways as they are halal

Most places do not advertise the fact they only use halal meat, subway, KFC, greggs etc etc you have to do your research to find out who is halal and who isn't.

a few takeaways advertise the fact, mainly as the 'dare I say it' Muslim faith is all halal, and they outnumber us by far, so the few customers they loose is a drop in the ocean to the many they gain.

The problem with anything like this is that the voice/vote of the individual is worth zero. I went on the march in London about banning hunting which was one of the biggest protest marches ever, I've signed various petetions like this and even if you manage to get enough signatures it only means that it might be considered or discussed. When handguns were banned and automatic shotguns were restricted to 3 shots someone just rubber stamped it. Thats Democracy and that's why the country is in the turmoil that it is in.