Clothes

12 minutes ago, mackem said:

Got one of the lightweight goose jackets yesterday,wore it today in -14 with a merino wool light jumper,toasty,didn't even feel the cold.Easy to scrunch up and stick in a rucksack pocket just in case.

I'm looking for something similar for the ice fishing this winter.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bought some gear off Wilf cause image is everything

Got my nephew's daughter these.Nike airs and Tim's ?    

Strange question but if I must, it has allowed me to live mortgage free, for the last seven years and work two or three days a week instead of seven as I used to, I own everything that's mine and have

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, arcticgun said:

looks tidy that fella

Warm even at -14 got my missus the longer women's version and she said today it was incredibly warm and more importantly comfortable.Be good for UK winter.

9 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Got myself a didrickson parka at the weekend.  Wore it to the football yesterday absolutely roasting . 

You can't beat a good Parka in winter.......:thumbs:

10 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

Here in Utah, I've got three lakes to go at that are pretty productive.

OC.jpg.633418fd7f07cf2ddab6b37ec2c55df3.jpg

I have a russian sister in law & she used to go ice fishing with her dad. He was still doing it in his 70s with his mates, but poor bugger passed away this year. Lovely bloke as well.....

• Like 1
13 hours ago, mackem said:

Warm even at -14 got my missus the longer women's version and she said today it was incredibly warm and more importantly comfortable.Be good for UK winter.

Yeah got the wife the long one and the lad that one, here’s seems to be losing a lot feathers though, not sure I’m happy about it, yours the same?

No mate,haven't lost any feathers,only had it on for a day though,they have a lifetime guarantee so I would guess feather loss is covered in that,any shoddy workmanship is,go to any city on the east side of Canada and you see hundreds of them in a day,I know the parkas stand the test of time,I have seen the ones on display in the store in Toronto,one is the coat the guy wore who won the Iditarod and the Yukon quest a number of times,one was worn to summit Everest,there were others dating back to the 1970's when the company was called snow goose.

15 hours ago, mackem said:

Got one of the lightweight goose jackets yesterday,wore it today in -14 with a merino wool light jumper,toasty,didn't even feel the cold.Easy to scrunch up and stick in a rucksack pocket just in case.

IMG_3043.PNG

that company that make them mac....are real trendy now ..see lots of young folk wearing them...aspecialy the big parka with the fur hood

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, TOMO said:

that company that make them mac....are real trendy now ..see lots of young folk wearing them...aspecialy the big parka with the fur hood

Yes mate,I have one of the parkas,sweat my nuts off wearing it in the uk,normally just have a t-shirt on if I am wearing it in England,here it's perfect as it's -17 outside at the moment with windchill and an inch or so of snow.

7 hours ago, Accip74 said:

I have a russian sister in law & she used to go ice fishing with her dad. He was still doing it in his 70s with his mates, but poor bugger passed away this year. Lovely bloke as well.....

It's an annual tradition with us. We try to get at least once a year on the bigger lakes. We've usually got early ice by now but the temperature is only dropping below freezing briefly. I'd recommend it if you ever get the chance but wrap up! Sub-zero combined with windchill really tests your gear!

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Smart Jacket mackem i nearly brought a stoney other day.. jacked at the last min though and got a ea7 bomber instead lol 

Ea7 is a bit "youthy" for me mate,I am an old git,I really like stone island though,moncler is getting big over here but the price is a stinger.