Big Cat Spotters etc .

13 hours ago, mackem said:

Interesting article in this months Fur-fish-game magazine about mountain lion turning up on the east coast of the states in places they aren't supposed to be.

There is a tracked one called p22 I think, that lives in the Hollywood hills there are some pretty cool pics of it next to the big sign on the hill, I,m sorry but I can't add anything since the format changed, the native Americans thought they were shape shifters because they are so good at disappearing and turning up in unexpected places, even other country,s 

• Haha 1

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, up until a couple of years ago I would have been with all the nay Sayers, they didn't exist in the wild in the uk unless it happened to be an escaped one from public/private collection and even

Nothing to do with cats but that reminded me of a story I read a couple of days ago,maybe sometime soon a big cat and the farmers skeletons will be found.................  

Dunno about medical help. Maybe a crash course on photography might help though lol 

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Greyman said:

There is a tracked one called p22 I think, that lives in the Hollywood hills there are some pretty cool pics of it next to the big sign on the hill, I,m sorry but I can't add anything since the format changed, the native Americans thought they were shape shifters because they are so good at disappearing and turning up in unexpected places, even other country,s 

?format=1000w

http://www.urbancarnivores.com/p22-the-hollywood-lion/

Top picture is quality 

1 hour ago, South hams hunter said:

Yup it may have but if a cat was here and it walked close to a camera trap it would have been shown by now if it looked like those

So what your saying is . If a cat walked past a trail cam their would be a picture? 

There are big cats that have been part of small circus for decades touring the UK if 1 escapes do you think the small  circus would report it at the cost of losing there licence to keep animals.

I think they wouldn't say a think.then you would have a big cat roaming the UK.

Have a look at this 2 lions and 3 tigers.kept in cages in cannock.how many more ate being kept in cages around the UK.it only takes the brave unwashed to bust the locks and then you have big cats roaming.

People seem to think only big zoos have cats.they obviously don't there small circus type set ups owning them.

I love this subject, most Cats found over here were escapee's or releases.

Private zoo's, travelling circus, wildlife tourist drive thru parks, etc

One rich guy in the top of Queensland went broke and released all his animals from his private zoo into the wild, years later someone shot a rare and endangered Pygmy Hippo by accident thinking it was a huge wild pig, bit sad, but I wonder how it went on the BBQ ?? :icon_eek:

There was a free range zoo near Adelaide you could drive thru, but after it had numerous big Cat escapes it was shut down, 2 were never found and there area is known to have plenty of Fallow Deer, no Cat reports for about 30yrs now.

But one farmer went missing back then too, no sign of him after very extensive searches, but he apparently had taken a shotgun, that was never found either so it was suggested that someone may have done him in and buried him, but the "Big Cat got him" theory died a slow death. :hmm:

• Like 1

I dont know the ins and outs of running a circus,  but i imagine all animals are registered more so if imported, and anual checks on said animals. Especially big cats.

If one is not accountable i dont imagine "oh it died ans we threw it in a wheelie bin" would be an acceptable answer to the authorities lol

There was a time not that far back where animals were traded quite freely without any thought of quarantine or diseases, not much paperwork then, even after the 1970's it was pretty free as long as it was between organisations of the same level. Things have changed a lot World Wide in animal trade.

Almost all Zoo's are quarantine zoned, and may share animals for breeding programs pretty freely.

A rare Southern Hairy Nosed Wombat my girlfriend named Frank (I called it Franklin J Wombat) ended up in a breeding program in a Holland Zoo, I went to see him and apparently the Female had rejected him, that was not pretty as they can inflict serious damage upon each other. We had raised that Wombat that was a roadkill rescue from its dead mother, at the size of a mans palm.

https://www.australiazoo.com.au/our-animals/mammals/wombats/southern-hairy-nosed-wombat

52 minutes ago, 17hornet said:

But one farmer went missing back then too, no sign of him after very extensive searches, but he apparently had taken a shotgun, that was never found either so it was suggested that someone may have done him in 

Nothing to do with cats but that reminded me of a story I read a couple of days ago,maybe sometime soon a big cat and the farmers skeletons will be found.................

IMG_2984.PNG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, king said:

5 hours ago, king said:

There are big cats that have been part of small circus for decades touring the UK if 1 escapes do you think the small  circus would report it at the cost of losing there licence to keep animals.

I think they wouldn't say a think.then you would have a big cat roaming the UK.

Have a look at this 2 lions and 3 tigers.kept in cages in cannock.how many more ate being kept in cages around the UK.it only takes the brave unwashed to bust the locks and then you have big cats roaming.

People seem to think only big zoos have cats.they obviously don't there small circus type set ups owning them.

That's literally guesses and rumours