FX Royale - Trail XQ50 Thermal

This is an FAC version around 9 year old Moxy, it's a great gun. Have had Air Arms and Weirauchs, Theobens, honestly this thing is so lightweight compared to them and its slick, sat at 28ft/lb at the minute, I'm going to turn it ip to around 32ft/lb 33ft/lb . I bought it off someone who got it from Ben Taylor when they first come out, it has the smooth twist barrel and a custom carbon mod, its whisper quiet and I've taken rabbit head shots out to 100yds with no wind .... love it... Only thing I don't like about them is the FX magazines can be a pain, but everything else is great... on average 30-70yds rabbit head, shot after shot no problem.

8 hours ago, philpot said:

Ian isn't the only one either Moxy, my FX Impact .25 fac is without doubt the best air rifle I have ever owned albeit not the nicest looking.

Very nice rifle Ian, clearly a man of taste.

Phil

When I first picked it up, I couldn't believe the weight it feels about half the weight of an air arms S400, obviously not, but its well balanced and the aluminium action helps..

18 minutes ago, philpot said:

Not as good looking Ian but good to a 100 mts at 46fpe and with 16 shot mags, very handy at night.

DSCF3394_zpselxwotkz.jpg

Phil

I was tempted by one Phil, they look cracking rifles, only thing that put me off was some of the reliability issues, that people have had, obviously theres good and bad examples.... very tempted by the FX Crown though..BUT in reality its not going to be that much different to my Royale end of the day..

To be honest Ian, nearly all the problems have come with the sub 12 guns and talking to ASI, most issues have come with people tinkering with the gun to 'tune' it and that has caused guns being taken out of a good working set up, ie altering power beyond the dial and messing with reg pressures or hammer spring pressures. In fac which is about 85% of all production, there has been very few issues.

The Crown is a lovely looking gun with the same features as the Impact plus barrel liner inserts to suit a pellet type but at an estimated cost of around £2.5k, it is not going on any wish list of mine, oh yes, it is reported to be a bit on the heavy side up front so doesn't enjoy the balance of our guns.

I will put the money towards a new NV.......

Phil

On 15/11/2017 at 10:34, philpot said:

most issues have come with people tinkering with the gun to 'tune' it 

I would love to know what "most" equates into percentage. 

And the latter part of your quote Phil is just tongue in cheek. 

Not a pop at you pal. More at FX customer service. Or lack of! 

I was given actual figures Moxy but that was over a year ago and to be honest, I cannot really remember what they said but I THINK it was something like 3 guns returned with a seal fault, one with a bottle fault and the rest were user faults.

Phil

Yes people fiddling too much can cause issues in this respect with the impact . ASI mentioned this also, there’s a lot of info around the net. I’ll stick with my Royale as it does everything I require , and I got a steal.

@Premier Pistol will maybe give more info regarding FX impact issues.