New Darcy Book

Just received the new Darcy Hare and Swift Hound book, and fair play some good pics in.

But on the site it says there's only 600 'limited edition',  but there's no mention or marker of it in the book (21/600) etc. To me that's what getting a limited edition book is about, and it's taken something away from having the book IMO or at least that's how I feel.

Yes this is the sequel mate.  Apparently this one was more glossy, thicker and with better pics than the first one. I rushed to order with not much change left from 50 quid. But tbh I'm disappointed, it's about the same thickness as the first with similar photos and layout. No interviews like the first had and no numbered book like I've already said.

Never mind all these coursing books Darcy, where's the books for the diehard terrier fans?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I bought a few boxes of one of his limited edition books several years ago,put them in storage and forgot about them,just read this thread and it reminded me to price them on e-bay,the asking price is double what I paid per copy.

• Like 1

I think it's a fantastic book....maybe an interview or two would have really finished it off but it's still very very good...it takes some serious work to put a written book together, I wouldn't even like to attempt the job of putting together something like that....the time, effort and miles put into it would far outweigh any gain...

It's easy to forget that the first was nothing short of a ground breaker...real high speed action photos from high speed action dogs! It's not that long ago we had black and white posed shots accompanied by dreamed up stories of wonder dogs! Nothing like that book was ever seen before...

The second is equally as good and all three species of hares in action...

Both books are genuine classics...books your grandchildren can look back at. 

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Fat-Ferret said:

I think it's a fantastic book....maybe an interview or two would have really finished it off but it's still very very good...it takes some serious work to put a written book together, I wouldn't even like to attempt the job of putting together something like that....the time, effort and miles put into it would far outweigh any gain...

It's easy to forget that the first was nothing short of a ground breaker...real high speed action photos from high speed action dogs! It's not that long ago we had black and white posed shots accompanied by dreamed up stories of wonder dogs! Nothing like that book was ever seen before...

The second is equally as good and all three species of hares in action...

Both books are genuine classics...books your grandchildren can look back at. 

I thought it would have been better a few more know coursing dogs would have been nice with a few words but we got a book with two pages of words and book filled with pictures a lot of shit if you ask me what will he bring out next a dot to dot book