35 minutes ago, socks said:

I know all about how the digestive system works ... we are going around in circles here as I'm not saying anything new ... complete meal digests at a slower rate than raw meat .......

Even the raw  lot would disagree with you on that.....

https://therawfeedingcommunity.com/2015/01/08/digest-this-kibble-may-actually-digest-faster-than-raw/

and if you knew all about the digestive system we wouldn't be having this conversation ;)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

11 month old pup and she has never eaten kibble .....  

I have created my own scientific formula that works well for me.  (Dg=cls off f with b+m) or else (Rf=ws out d with Gc) In simpler terms this means dognuts = cleaning lots of sh1t off the floor with a

I would do away with the biscuits as they break down in the gut far slower meaning his digestive system is constantly working. Also try adding beg to his diet I use the frozen mixed veg bags from Tesc

Posted Images

Was that article written by a scientist or a vet or just some random bloke ... don't try and come all mr know it fukcing all about why we are having this conversation ... we are having it because as with most things slightly medical due to your job you think you are the expert and the rest of us know fukc all ... added with the condescending way you like to speak to people this conversation is quickly becoming an argument ......

6 minutes ago, socks said:

Was that article written by a scientist or a vet or just some random bloke ... don't try and come all mr know it fukcing all about why we are having this conversation ... we are having it because as with most things slightly medical due to your job you think you are the expert and the rest of us know fukc all ... added with the condescending way you like to speak to people this conversation is quickly becoming an argument ......

LOL nothing about being medical lol just don't believe random shite, as to argue... seems you want to argue if you can'y win the conversation eh socks, just  man up and admit your wrong .

I'm not the one that keeps coming up with sarcastic answers and condescending remarks that's you which is made worse as you wouldn't do it face to face would you ... again show me scientific fact that I'm wrong .....

so from the jist  of this , and from having lurchers 30 odd years, they as type of dog  x running dogs   they shit more than  other type dogs, this is going on breeds ive owned   staffs, pit, bull mastiff, heinz 57s   etc  this breeds just shit once a day  maybe couple times but on average  once, but all my lurchers  even if just on the dogwalks  shit  2-3 times , and if been lamping  gets like soup lol , Buck  always  goes 2-3 times aday   more if he had hard night  few runs , its deff the type of dogs , it must be somthing in the greyhound , as most lurchers , will have greyhound in there genes .

22 hours ago, socks said:

I'm not the one that keeps coming up with sarcastic answers and condescending remarks that's you which is made worse as you wouldn't do it face to face would you ... again show me scientific fact that I'm wrong .....

Yes I would  I've never been afraid of debunking old wives tales and never been afraid to learn something new, you need to learn that being wrong isn't something to be frightened of, rather  it’s an opportunity. 

So it isn't about whether it kibble or raw meat but it is a complex  system based on particle size and contents, in general larger particles are kept in the stomach longer as they take longer to break down, this is especially so in unprocessed food like meat, fat and vegetables. Processing tend to lead to smaller partials and easier breakdown but not always so. Fat is generally the slowest to digest with protein next then carbs.

In brief Nuclide-labeled foods have also permitted detailed analyses of gastric emptying in animals prepared with chronic duodenal fistulas. Early results indicate that the stomach retains foods until these are fragmented into particles smaller than 0.5 mm in diameter, and that this sieving is achieved in the antral region of the stomach. The speed of fragmentation of foods into particles of this size as well as the speed of emptying appear to be closely regulated by chemoceptive mechanisms in the small intestine, which can inhibit these processes. Thus, chemical composition of the meal regulates gastric emptying as well as the physical nature of the food, which determines how easily it can be fragmented by the stomach.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7001918

Summary of the Control of Stomach Emptying

Emptying of the stomach is controlled only to a mod-erate degree by stomach factors such as the degree of filling in the stomach and the excitatory effect of gastrin on stomach peristalsis. Probably the more important control of stomach emptying resides in inhibitory feedback signals from the duodenum, including both enterogastric inhibitory nervous feed-back reflexes and hormonal feedback by CCK. These feedback inhibitory mechanisms work together to slow the rate of emptying when (1) too much chyme is already in the small intestine or (2) the chyme is excessively acidic, contains too much unprocessed protein or fat, is hypotonic or hypertonic, or is irritat-ing. In this way, the rate of stomach emptying is limited to that amount of chyme that the small intestine can process.

(http://www.brainkart.com/article/Stomach-Emptying-and-Regulation-of-Stomach-Emptying_19823/)

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 1

I'm not afraid of being wrong I've been wrong thousands of times in my life and will a thousand more times I'm sure ... that big long post you copied and pasted still didn't really disprove what I said ......

I have created my own scientific formula that works well for me.  (Dg=cls off f with b+m) or else (Rf=ws out d with Gc) In simpler terms this means dognuts = cleaning lots of sh1t off the floor with a brush or mop. Rawfood = you can whack shit out the door with a golf club :boogy:

• Like 3
4 hours ago, gnipper said:

I've just googled that WFand it doesn't sound like mine has those symptoms  but thanks anyway.

I have a lab that does that,the outcome was a bug called giardia, I hope I’m 100% wrong because you can’t get rid of it,it can be controlled with panacur but what a hassle I have with it,atb wf,

4 hours ago, gnipper said:

I've just googled that WFand it doesn't sound like mine has those symptoms  but thanks anyway.

That’s good news

When im walking mine one starts the moment you get the lead on her and if you watch i nudge her off the pavement onto the road  then she does a big watery shit  then seems to settle down but that's just the excitement of getting out ?. her sister doesn't  do it 

• 1 month later...
On 12/22/2017 at 19:59, socks said:

I'm not afraid of being wrong I've been wrong thousands of times in my life and will a thousand more times I'm sure ... that big long post you copied and pasted still didn't really disprove what I said ......

Yes it does but you need to be able to understand it to know that lol:thumbs: