Think every lurcher I have had has done it . Especially soon as it jumps out of the motor just befor Lamping ,,it’s like he’s emptying himself. Got a dog here 4 year old which a mate has loaned me and that’s the same his first couple shits are fine and then last one like he squirting anything left in him out lol 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

11 month old pup and she has never eaten kibble .....  

I have created my own scientific formula that works well for me.  (Dg=cls off f with b+m) or else (Rf=ws out d with Gc) In simpler terms this means dognuts = cleaning lots of sh1t off the floor with a

I would do away with the biscuits as they break down in the gut far slower meaning his digestive system is constantly working. Also try adding beg to his diet I use the frozen mixed veg bags from Tesc

Posted Images

On 12/18/2017 at 17:34, socks said:

The pup puking was the final bit of convincing I needed so I also researched a little bit about it  ... do a little research for yourself and see what you come up with  ........

LOL, not a lot of research needed in basic biology, unless your looking for ideas to back up what you think rather than looking for real information? as I think I've said to you before it's rather as a drunk uses a lamppost, for support rather than illumination....

Image result for skeptic cartoon science using science as a drunk uses a lamppost, for support rather than illumination

• Haha 1

The dog got fed a 50/50 meal of raw meat and dry complete ... over 12 hours later the dog was sick and within that sick was half digested and undigested dry meal ... I think that pretty much proves that dry complete digests at a different rate than raw meat which was my original point ........

• Like 1

One instance does not prove anything.  After 12 hours all food should have passed through the stomach if not the whole digestive system, even pure fat, which is the slowest to pass through. So what you are describing is a problem with the  individual dogs digestion which is basically an individual anomaly rather than evidence of as commonality to a particular food.  Perhaps stress was a factor in this case as a reason for the problems or perhaps being fed an unfamiliar feed stuff??

Basically  the majority of digestion takes place in the intestines rather than the stomach, the stomach is more of a mixing pot where enzymes are added and contents broken down into digestible sized particulates in readiness for digestion in the intestines. In normal circumstances digestible carbs tend to be first through this process, followed by protein and then fats. As most completes are mostly carbs they tend to digest quickly unless there is a problem.

2 hours ago, socks said:

So you still insist that dry meal and raw meat digest at the same time ??? 

Where did I say that??

I said

"Basically  the majority of digestion takes place in the intestines rather than the stomach, the stomach is more of a mixing pot where enzymes are added and contents broken down into digestible sized particulates in readiness for digestion in the intestines. In normal circumstances digestible carbs tend to be first through this process, followed by protein and then fats. As most completes are mostly carbs they tend to digest quickly unless there is a problem."

45 minutes ago, lee said:

Does it really matter if one takes longer ? !

It doesn't Lee ;).

Toddington, some good memories of the fields between Houghton and Toddington back in the 60's and 70's and a few beers in the Angel, Sow and Pigs etc.

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Where did I say that??

I said

"Basically  the majority of digestion takes place in the intestines rather than the stomach, the stomach is more of a mixing pot where enzymes are added and contents broken down into digestible sized particulates in readiness for digestion in the intestines. In normal circumstances digestible carbs tend to be first through this process, followed by protein and then fats. As most completes are mostly carbs they tend to digest quickly unless there is a problem."

So what the fukc are you arguing with me about .....

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, sandymere said:

It doesn't Lee ;).

Toddington, some good memories of the fields between Houghton and Toddington back in the 60's and 70's and a few beers in the Angel, Sow and Pigs etc.

Of course it makes a difference if mixing types of meals means the digestive system is working harder and longer to digest the food ......

15 minutes ago, socks said:

Of course it makes a difference if mixing types of meals means the digestive system is working harder and longer to digest the food ......

Once again can you give a little background on what you mean??? 

Are you suggesting that a dog is unable to digest more than one type of food at a time??  That's  seems odd dogs tend to have a very robust system of digestion that is designed to tackle a great variety of foodstuffs,  arguably better than their ancestors the wolves, especially in regard to carbohydrates.  The stomach and intestines secrete enzymes etc to meet the requirements of the meal eaten, fatty meat or fatty meal will slow overall digestion as fat is slow to digest, carbs will speed up the overall process and a mixture will be somewhere between the two..

1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

My bitch had a watery shite after her first run every night out, no matter what she has ate or when she ate it, other lurcher I had not long ago was proper highly strung an was always shitting like ye mention gnipper, better than some terriers iv had tho they grotty wee fcukers shitting in water bowls an right at entrance to kennel so always walking in it??

I have to race this terrier to her shite before she stands in it or worse ?

• Haha 1