Feckin dogs eat better than I do.

Bearing in mind these 2 are pets and have never seen a rat before, I thought they did well .........

There's some old bag that lives a couple of doors away - she feeds everything, foxes, pigeons, seagulls, the lot.

Her garden is a shithole.

A couple of days ago we had a big rat in our back garden - I'd just spotted it out the corner of my eye when the 2 dogs shot out of the back door like little torpedos.

They chased that rat through the bushes and up the garden. They were right on it all the way but, it managed to get over the back gate - how it managed to hang on when those 2 piled into the gate with their front paws, I'll never know.

They spent a while sniffing round with their heckles up and tails curved over but, they didn't find another.

I'm considering taking them to one of my ratting permissions to see how they get on - they really seemed to enjoy the chase.

I know they're not everyones taste but, these 2 little mouse hounds have got bags of character.

As a treat, we had a small rump steak in the freezer - I cooked that up while I was doing dinner.

........ I was happy with these 2 :thumbs:

IMG_20171110_192713.jpg

IMG_20171110_192750.jpg

• Like 1