Double bow back ferret box

jok

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Try telling the ferret that when the box is on the floor and the air temp is 2c with a wind chill of -5 and they got that ice cold wind blasting through the front of the box. The box design that

You need a sharper saw, that way it wont rip the edges of you ply when it's cut.  

Mine have a cup of tea ... whenever we stop for a brew or food I pour some tea into a shallow bowl allow it to go cold and bobs your uncle ... the ferrets love it ... that little bit of caffeine gives

Posted Images

Eh up pal. I actually make lots of things wooden. This and my poachers box have been really popular so kind of stuck with this type of construction. They are very lightweight and easy to carry and use.  There obviously is a reason for the 'posh' look in as much as I like to make nice things which are totally functional. Have a look at Sir Blessed on here, from Australia, who is using one as we speak. Jok.

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 08:21, jok said:

Eh up pal. I actually make lots of things wooden. This and my poachers box have been really popular so kind of stuck with this type of construction. They are very lightweight and easy to carry and use.  There obviously is a reason for the 'posh' look in as much as I like to make nice things which are totally functional. Have a look at Sir Blessed on here, from Australia, who is using one as we speak. Jok.

Highly recommend this box, mine gets used 3-4 days a week, rolls round the back of the 4x4 ute with the dogs no problems Jok. Great box perfect

Link to my you tube can see the belting they take -

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCet7Vy9obEw8IQK4ZcOcJ5A?view_as=public

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/11/2017 at 21:21, jok said:

How much you charge for them smaller boxs ( poacher box ) 

It's a bit like you can't please all of the people all of the time. I try to do as asked and by and large have been accepted. I really don't know about a sharper saw blade as I normally sand each edge anyway. As regards wind and snow, it's no more difficult to (as I have done on a number  of occasions) forgo the open front for side vents. Each to his/her own. I believe they are a well made box and will continue to make them . I notice Moxy is having a wee look. What do you think pal?. Jok.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, jok said:

It's a bit like you can't please all of the people all of the time. I try to do as asked and by and large have been accepted. I really don't know about a sharper saw blade as I normally sand each edge anyway. As regards wind and snow, it's no more difficult to (as I have done on a number  of occasions) forgo the open front for side vents. Each to his/her own. I believe they are a well made box and will continue to make them . I notice Moxy is having a wee look. What do you think pal?. Jok.

To be fair Jok I have to agree with FM. It offers no shelter. On a miserable day your going to end up with a cold wet ferret.  

Easy to sort though. 

Extend your base and sides by half inch at the front and put in a slide in panel to cover the mesh. 

Best of both worlds then? 

I managed to get a bit of time in the shed and and knock a box together for a mate. First time in a few years. 

IMG_5187.thumb.JPG.404058ac2bdfd2f361fbef782aa93a1c.JPGIMG_5188.thumb.JPG.25aa070799e2805edb8671ebff4e2bdb.JPG

Atb. 

Moxy. Yes and I totally agree. If anyone wants that type then all they need to do is ask. Let's see what Arry says when he gets his delivered. Incidentally, I still have all those books in my garage ??.jok.