Haiddheliwr

LYNX OR NOT??

I would take that with a pinch of salt, ive never hear of a lynx killing for killings sake , like wild dogs do

2 hours ago, DanielG said:

I would take that with a pinch of salt, ive never hear of a lynx killing for killings sake , like wild dogs do

If true the only thing I could imagine would be the fact it was in captivity and maybe the pent up energy it had exploded when it took out the first few sheep 

Mrs just told me theirs a bit of a witch hunt being swept up on Facebook about the man who shot the lynx. Pictures / name etc being posted by people slagging him off 

There was bit on daily mail website about him,

what I don't get is the woman that co owns the attraction was moaning about council not providing a big enough cage trap etc,but surely it's the parks responsibility to have appropriate recovery equipment theirselves?

i think problem was the lynx was used to human contact so came in to close.

but with these reintroduced lynx will they shoot them when they come to close to habitation.

I have heard the decision to shoot it came  after they had it trapped under a caravan and a man from the council decided to get some photos on his mobile phone instead of putting a net there, the prick tripped over scared the cat out and with the nsa putting as much  pressure on as possible the council gave the go ahead to shoot her, the whole story is a bit shit really apparently she was in a cage with 5 other Lynx in the zoo as well, so her whole life was a bit rubbish really, I was talking with a vet last week who,s father is also a vet and he issues licences for dangerous animals, apparently the serval is the pet of the moment so I guess we will be getting a wave of them over the next few years, 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DanielG said:

7 sheep killed  ! what a total load of bullshit. a sheep weighs 4 times more than a lynx, 1 sheep would last a lynx feckin ages 

Wild European lynx have been recorded killing that many sheep over a month.

16 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Wild European lynx have been recorded killing that many sheep over a month.

where did you get that from out of interest ? as i bet it comes from someone with a financial consern

as the data ive seen before give that many losses anually per lynx  population per country

also how could they know that 1 lynx has killed so many sheep in a month ,it surely could have been more than one animal. if the amount is true 

lots of people have a lot to gain with blaming supposed killings on lynx

a 30# to 40# animal eating 7 sheep in a month  ,cant see that.

lynx are happy with a rabbit every other day

cheers Dan

• Like 1

lynx trust uk always apreciate donations to help reintroduce lynx to uk. and face tough opposition from landowners.

its only a matter of time in my opinion,looking forward to it

6 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

Mrs just told me theirs a bit of a witch hunt being swept up on Facebook about the man who shot the lynx. Pictures / name etc being posted by people slagging him off 

Pictures of him on Wales online! Don't think I would want it advertised 😥😥

1 hour ago, Haiddheliwr said:

Pictures of him on Wales online! Don't think I would want it advertised 😥😥

Lets hope its not a re-enactment of walter palmer and cecil all over again,trial by media 80

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mackem said:

Lets hope its not a re-enactment of walter palmer and cecil all over again,trial by media 80

He is in a no win situation Mackem! Damned if he did and damned if he didn't and something bad happened 🤔