LYNX OR NOT??

16 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Wild European lynx have been recorded killing that many sheep over a month.

where did you get that from out of interest ? as i bet it comes from someone with a financial consern

as the data ive seen before give that many losses anually per lynx  population per country

also how could they know that 1 lynx has killed so many sheep in a month ,it surely could have been more than one animal. if the amount is true 

lots of people have a lot to gain with blaming supposed killings on lynx

a 30# to 40# animal eating 7 sheep in a month  ,cant see that.

lynx are happy with a rabbit every other day

cheers Dan

• Like 1

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Loosing face on here mate really, this is a website were faceless people can live a made up life, I,m sure I,ll survive the shame of it, the moon pic was a bit easier to get as well, as its massive co

You could be right. There are no records of lynx attacking anyone (Quick google search).So I'm sure that would be taken into account. Dogs kill kids every year. Personally I'd be much more concer

Shot because it was deemed to be a severe risk to humans, what a load of bollocks, public have more to worry about from chavs and their bull breeds than they ever would from a Lynx 

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

Mrs just told me theirs a bit of a witch hunt being swept up on Facebook about the man who shot the lynx. Pictures / name etc being posted by people slagging him off 

Pictures of him on Wales online! Don't think I would want it advertised ??

3 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Wild European lynx have been recorded killing that many sheep over a month.

I read that as well BH they  put collars on some in Norway  and monitored them ,and it was the males that killed more sheep some up to 7 or 8 a month

• Like 1
5 hours ago, DanielG said:

where did you get that from out of interest ? as i bet it comes from someone with a financial consern

as the data ive seen before give that many losses anually per lynx  population per country

also how could they know that 1 lynx has killed so many sheep in a month ,it surely could have been more than one animal. if the amount is true 

lots of people have a lot to gain with blaming supposed killings on lynx

a 30# to 40# animal eating 7 sheep in a month  ,cant see that.

lynx are happy with a rabbit every other day

cheers Dan

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/oct/29/will-reintroduced-lynx-hunt-britains-sheep

According to a monitoring programme in Norway, between 259 and 486 lynx are responsible for killing 6,000-10,000 sheep each year. In some regions, individual male lynx have been known to take up to seven sheep each month.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0079261#pone-0079261-t002

Also most predators, particularly feline and canine, surplus/thrill kill. Most warm blooded predators are documented to.

Cant understand why some folk want them released. 

Notice its always big cats, or wolves or some other animal that's ultimately gonna create a problem. 

Never hear them banging on about introducing a tree or a plant or the many insects that are no longer here.quite happy with the wild animals we have no need to go messing around with it. 

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, scothunter said:

Cant understand why some folk want them released. 

Notice its always big cats, or wolves or some other animal that's ultimately gonna create a problem. 

Never hear them banging on about introducing a tree or a plant or the many insects that are no longer here.quite happy with the wild animals we have no need to go messing around with it. 

Don't know them water voles can fcuk you up mind ?

• Haha 1

Just a little sad update on this story before it goes off air, but it turns out Lilith was,nt the only Lynx to die at this mickey mouse zoo, this story is from staff at the zoo, apparently they had five Lynx in a pen together there was a large tree growing over the enclosure which they had been advised to cut back but ignored, the Lynx were fighting so much that a zoo keeper actually strangled Lilith,s brother to death with a dog noose which was when she chipped off up the tree and away, her absence was not noticed for a day or two and they don't really know when she went exactly, there is lots of other shit coming out about the place and there is an online petition to have the animals rehoused and the place shut down, if anyone can add the link please do and if anyone see,s it please sign it thanks 

• Like 1