LYNX OR NOT??

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Loosing face on here mate really, this is a website were faceless people can live a made up life, I,m sure I,ll survive the shame of it, the moon pic was a bit easier to get as well, as its massive co

You could be right. There are no records of lynx attacking anyone (Quick google search).So I'm sure that would be taken into account. Dogs kill kids every year. Personally I'd be much more concer

Shot because it was deemed to be a severe risk to humans, what a load of bollocks, public have more to worry about from chavs and their bull breeds than they ever would from a Lynx 

Posted Images

This is a big problem for the release programme certain bodies that don't want the Lynx released will and are already started using this as an example of a wild Lynx,s normal behaviour, were as in most of there natural habitat they take 0.4 sheep per year I think Scandinavia is the only place the numbers are a bit higher, if the Lynx stay,s free he will naturalise and revert to taking the odd deer in winter and the young of smaller mamals through the summer, the poor thing is used to living in a cage having meet thrown to him, if they sent the sheep carcasses off to the same labs for DNA testing that we send ours off to they will confirm they were killed by dogs,fox,s or anything other than the Lynx, interesting thing is he has almost gone into a cage trap but seemed scared off by a trail camera they had put up next to the cage, I,m cheering for the Lynx hope he finds a street wise mate and gets on 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Greyman said:

This is a big problem for the release programme certain bodies that don't want the Lynx released will and are already started using this as an example of a wild Lynx,s normal behaviour, were as in most of there natural habitat they take 0.4 sheep per year I think Scandinavia is the only place the numbers are a bit higher, if the Lynx stay,s free he will naturalise and revert to taking the odd deer in winter and the young of smaller mamals through the summer, the poor thing is used to living in a cage having meet thrown to him, if they sent the sheep carcasses off to the same labs for DNA testing that we send ours off to they will confirm they were killed by dogs,fox,s or anything other than the Lynx, interesting thing is he has almost gone into a cage trap but seemed scared off by a trail camera they had put up next to the cage, I,m cheering for the Lynx hope he finds a street wise mate and gets on 

0.4/year was a European average. The number was 25 times higher in Norway!

Edited by Born Hunter
Correcting my facts

Another thing is that farmers are a little bit wily when it comes to getting a bit of compo and will be blaming everything on the Lynx so they can get a pound or two, I dare say all the sheep were prize winning Suffolk,s worth a fortune 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Another thing is that farmers are a little bit wily when it comes to getting a bit of compo and will be blaming everything on the Lynx so they can get a pound or two, I dare say all the sheep were prize winning Suffolk,s worth a fortune 

What's the chances of it actually starving to death Greyman? It must be so habituated to having its grub provided that this must be a possibility. Any other cases where this has happened?