Evening guys, I need to gain some of your opinions.

I have been brought up using shotguns with my father who has had his ticket for over 30 years (he tells me he got his first license from the post office lol)

i have finally decided to apply for my SGC.

However in 2015 I was convicted for driving without insurance.  Do you guys think this will give them grounds to refuse my application?

Thank in advance!

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but it depends on the feo and what force/area..I got done for driving with no licence and insurance but luckily it was about 8 years befor I applied for my sgc.my feo said if it was in the 5 years I wouldn't of got it.he said " if you carnt be trusted with the responsibility of driving a vehicle you shouldn't be trusted with the responsibility of possessing a sgc " I also no a lad who lost his licence for drink driving .i also no a 50 year old man who lost his licence after his daughters boyfriend beat him up when he wheat round to collect his daughters clothes , they said they didn't want any retaliation ?.. all depends on the force and feo 

On 10/11/2017 at 16:44, Navek said:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but it depends on the feo and what force/area..I got done for driving with no licence and insurance but luckily it was about 8 years befor I applied for my sgc.my feo said if it was in the 5 years I wouldn't of got it.he said " if you carnt be trusted with the responsibility of driving a vehicle you shouldn't be trusted with the responsibility of possessing a sgc " I also no a lad who lost his licence for drink driving .i also no a 50 year old man who lost his licence after his daughters boyfriend beat him up when he wheat round to collect his daughters clothes , they said they didn't want any retaliation ?.. all depends on the force and feo 

A friend of a friend lost his ticket, when he was done for drink driving - FEO told him it demonstrated "a high level of irresponsibility and a lack of respect for the law"..........and its hard to argue with that, really !

I'd speak to the FEO before I submitted my application. If he says it's unlikely, leave it a while and try again. Not applying in the first place is a lot better than being refused as you have to declare refusals if asked.

Having said that, I reckon you'll be fine.  All depends on the circumstances of the no insurance thing. 

On 07/11/2017 at 12:15, jakephillips122 said:

Evening guys, I need to gain some of your opinions.

I have been brought up using shotguns with my father who has had his ticket for over 30 years (he tells me he got his first license from the post office lol)

i have finally decided to apply for my SGC.

However in 2015 I was convicted for driving without insurance.  Do you guys think this will give them grounds to refuse my application?

Thank in advance!

No I don't think so, but be prepared for a patronising lecture :thumbs: I've been the wrong side of he law once or twice, ok maybe four or five times and recieved custodial sentences............still got shotgun cert and firearms cert, don't listen to all the horror stories of refusals put in for it and see what happens.

Good luck ........Del