YESTERDAY

Yesterday i put a couple of pictures up one of which shows that the Rabbit had been attacked by something i wondered if anyone would pick up on this and suggest what may have done it but no one did [ those that would have have long gone ] well it had been attacked by a buzzard and it must have been a hell of a ride for it , It must have dropped on it when it was almost light  as i was there at first light and it was foggy and nothing had been touched up to dusk the day before, these attacks are getting more and more common but i don't begrudge them a meal as i birds and birds of prey in particular , but some one around here as not got the same outlook as me because in this field there are three dead Buzzards that have been shot. on a lighter note these grass fields are massive  and there are cattle in most of them among them is a large Bull who follows me around and he scares me a bit , to-day he was sat down so i took the ugly Bxxxxxxs picture 

DSCF3761.JPG

DSCF3760.JPG

You can only put a line down max one night , last time i had a fox go along and burst 33 rabbits between them and the buzzards its no worth snaring some bits . i had two mk6 s lifted as well out of 50 that must not have been staked down well enough to stop foxy lifting them to feed cubs  . Its changing how you can control some bits here 

19 hours ago, EDDIE B said:

Yea the experts say their tallons are two weak to tackle a rabbit. Yea right! lol

When you look at the amount of fur that has been plucked off the rabbit you would have thought it was in a mess but the Buzzard had not broken the skin and the rabbit sat quiet and alert in the wire,  i have had a few rabbits that have been eaten by Buzzards they like to strip the back legs.

23 hours ago, EDDIE B said:

Yea the experts say their tallons are two weak to tackle a rabbit. Yea right! lol

Eddie you probably know this yourself but ill tell you anyway .Buzzards will not consistently take rabbits but all will try at some stage .

Some say kites take game birds but they don'. 

1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

Eddie you probably know this yourself but ill tell you anyway .Buzzards will not consistently take rabbits but all will try at some stage .

I think Buzzards take more than what is said. Saw some good video's on YouTube of them targeting rabbits. I honestly don't believe the whole thing of their feet being too weak to take anything of size. JMHO

1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

There is a very large Estate in Lincolnshire  were i  catch the Rabbits  the Keeper there  is not the type of man to lie or make things up , when i was up there some weeks ago he told me he was having trouble with Buzzards and also he had seen a Kite catch a Pheasant poult,  i have no reason to doubt this man if he said he saw it, he saw it.

• Thanks 1