Ferreting

My 6 month old hob bolted his first at the weekend. I had been carrying him around with an old jill waiting for the right spot. Which was a nice little 4 holer 
I have a dog so got a nice a mark so pretty perfect situation

24307145918_3a59320e58_k.jpg 

After  a little hesitation in he went then a few seconds later rumble rumble out comes the rabbit with the ferret right behind

38104264186_493ddbea62_k.jpg

The ferret is quite a steady good sized fella so the time just seemed right. Great fun starting the young stock off 

38127596102_ff300dda45_k.jpg

• Like 4

Mine are 6 months old and I took them both out on Friday and Sunday. Both bolted and worked the warrens very well. My Hob was over keen (basically wouldn’t come back to me and kept on going to ground when I got anywhere near him). But the Jill was steady as you like. A little hesitant at first but bolted 3 rabbits and was happy to come back to me frequently.

Couldnt be happier with them

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Blueboybilly said:

Mine are 6 months old and I took them both out on Friday and Sunday. Both bolted and worked the warrens very well. My Hob was over keen (basically wouldn’t come back to me and kept on going to ground when I got anywhere near him). But the Jill was steady as you like. A little hesitant at first but bolted 3 rabbits and was happy to come back to me frequently.

Couldnt be happier with them

I try to let them walk clear of the burrow before picking them up when young, later on they come when called, well  most.

A.T.B

• Thanks 1