Rip poppy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Weve all been there and lost dogs lads. Just take it in and move on.learn from it. Take pluckys advice.you wont go far wrong.lads on here that do a bit of digging should be offering advice to lee not

Come on now FD, read your post again and think about it. You might see it's not true. If human error includes putting a terrier to ground because you might never see it again then every single on

A guy from Arizona lecturing someone on digging from Kent??......Anyone from the Sahara wanna have a pop?? Haha....

2 hours ago, Plucky1 said:

R.I.P Poppy, Lee I feel sorry for your loss but you're still as green as the day you first started posting on here and this will not be the end of your disasters, you have been trying to run too fast before you can walk again, you can get as many tattoos as you like on yourself of wildlife and dead terriers but the experienced terrier men on here can see through your posts like glass,  I applauded that you got involved running the fell and moorland in your area but that just shows how desperate the terrier job has become, how can a man with no direct experience of digging give advice to lads that have dug all their lives, how many digs have you actually, honestly done yourself ???  do your terriers a favour and only go out with lads that know what they"re doing, terriers will enter any earth with a scent but its up to you sometimes to filter the risk, all holes look the same on top and its under the sod or sand where every one is different, you can call me and others what ever you like but it will not alter the facts that you are a very inexperienced terrier man that endangers those brave tykes with your lack of fieldcraft, WM

I fully understand what you are saying plucky on the experience front I don't have much as for the fell and more land in my area there are only 6 members and all except 1 are green including me so no advice given there and if entering s dog who had 4 previous digs into a spot which is 1.3 is a bad thing then I suppose I'm guilty as charged but let's face it that ain't deep . And yes I've found a professional terrier man in hunt service who is willing to take me when ever I want and he will accompany me to my permissions 

• Like 5

I don't see how you can blame yourself Lee.  And under circumstances when a good dog had to do what it had to do. All you can do is be right by the tyke who has more heart and guts than anything and get it right.  Hope you get out with genuine man and who's heart is in the right place too 

Lee experience comes with time and unfortunately it's cases like these that gains you the experience needed. I think people forget we all started somewhere and gain with time it's not handed to us in a box and walla we know it all. Eagerness will get you there in TIME.

• Like 3