Rip poppy

13 minutes ago, Ace Boone coon said:

Lozzer,  you can hit sand just about any we're.  But if you know the land and area then you should know somewhat to expect.  And rabbit no I'm not in Britain.  But sand is sand. It's either mixed or not. It' like working with BBS.  Once you touch it you better start working and working smart. Alot of folks wouldn't know how to deal with the sand giving way and how to move it. Off this thread not gonna make it a battle field over an opion

Dead on 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Weve all been there and lost dogs lads. Just take it in and move on.learn from it. Take pluckys advice.you wont go far wrong.lads on here that do a bit of digging should be offering advice to lee not

Come on now FD, read your post again and think about it. You might see it's not true. If human error includes putting a terrier to ground because you might never see it again then every single on

A guy from Arizona lecturing someone on digging from Kent??......Anyone from the Sahara wanna have a pop?? Haha....

12 minutes ago, Ace Boone coon said:

Lozzer,  you can hit sand just about any we're.  But if you know the land and area then you should know somewhat to expect.  And rabbit no I'm not in Britain.  But sand is sand. It's either mixed or not. It' like working with BBS.  Once you touch it you better start working and working smart. Alot of folks wouldn't know how to deal with the sand giving way and how to move it. Off this thread not gonna make it a battle field over an opion

I didn't think you were by your 'out of touch' responses.

Lads all over Britain dig sand earths week in, week out. I don't know what sand you dig in and for which quarry. But over here in most places it doesn't run in on you and is only as dangerous as any other earth a terrier enters. Yes, of course sand can suffocate a dog but that's the game we're in I'm afraid. I've had 3 different days out when a terrier has been killed, and none were in sand. 

• Like 3

You couldn't possibly have sand like  we have over here.  Lol,  I live in the dessert,  it's called ARIZONA!  Ever hear of it?  There is more dif types of sand here then I can explain. So yeah I think I just may know a thing or 2 about sand. If your not experienced in moving and manipulating it your DONE! nothing like dirt! And if your  sand  doesn't move and shift then you have a mixture not just sand. And your taking what I'm saying way off.  Of course your dog could die in dirt to. But I'm sorry a young inexperienced dog should only be allowed to see certain things and as it learns and mature then it can move on.  This guy on numerous occasions had mistakes with this dog which tells you he needs to hook up with someone to teach him right from wrong. And just because you have a dog doesn't mean it should be entered into whatever is there. Why risk throwing your dog into the deep end just to watch it drown?  to many do it for the ego. And for you sticking up for your little buddy,  well good for you, for standing by your friend.  But a good friend would be honest and tell him the truth that he shouldn't of put that PUP in the sand. And by him getting upset about what I said and the rest condoling him will never make him a better dog man.  But one that looks for symphony for his own mistakes.. Done with this nonsense

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Ace Boone coon said:

You couldn't possibly have sand like  we have over here.  Lol,  I live in the dessert,  it's called ARIZONA!  Ever hear of it?  There is more dif types of sand here then I can explain. So yeah I think I just may know a thing or 2 about sand. If your not experienced in moving and manipulating it your DONE! nothing like dirt! And if your  sand  doesn't move and shift then you have a mixture not just sand. And your taking what I'm saying way off.  Of course your dog could die in dirt to. But I'm sorry a young inexperienced dog should only be allowed to see certain things and as it learns and mature then it can move on.  This guy on numerous occasions had mistakes with this dog which tells you he needs to hook up with someone to teach him right from wrong. And just because you have a dog doesn't mean it should be entered into whatever is there. Why risk throwing your dog into the deep end just to watch it drown?  to many do it for the ego. And for you sticking up for your little buddy,  well good for you, for standing by your friend.  But a good friend would be honest and tell him the truth that he shouldn't of put that PUP in the sand. And by him getting upset about what I said and the rest condoling him will never make him a better dog man.  But one that looks for symphony for his own mistakes.. Done with this nonsense

FFS mate the guy has lost his dog the last thing he wants at this stage is a lecture on what he should or shouldn't have done! 

Then just maybe when I say I'm done with this thread you guys should stop making comments at me to respond back to.  Ever think of that? And just maybe you shouldn't be lile,  poor leethedog but instead poor MUCKING POPPY! Tell this guy like it is instead of babying him so he actually learns from his mistake instead of telling him it's ok..amd I don't care if any of you post to my comments again I'm not gonna respond and keep it going. 

• Haha 2
11 hours ago, neil cooney said:

Come on now FD, read your post again and think about it. You might see it's not true.

If human error includes putting a terrier to ground because you might never see it again then every single one of us is guilty of that but I know that not what you meant.

There are umpteen causes for loosing a terrier to ground that are out of the terriermans hands, even though there are several bad habits a lot of terriermen have that don't help a terrier.

Read again Neil ,it does not say every terrier ever died to ground  has been human error ,it says every terrier I've seen lost  that way gas been from human error .Don' think past you read and well get on fine .I can see why some have jacked the forum tb because it' just a bitch fest . I'e never refrained from putting a dog anywhere in my younger days but I've regretted a few .I've never known a collapse that wasn't human induced by not digging a big enough hole .

But I don't agree that a terrier being lost is always the terriermans fault, in fact it's a silly statement.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Ace Boone coon said:

Firstly you're way off the mark yet again. We live and hunt in Britain, green countryside, not an arid desert. The sand earths over here are predominantly sand, sometimes it does slip and slide but on the whole it's ok. So like I say, Lee done nothing wrong with putting his youngster into one.

And secondly, I don't know Leethedog, I have no idea who he is. And from his posts on here we're from different ends of the country.

• Like 1

I've moved millions of tons of sand literally.using a 40 ton dozer and digger.in a quarry.there's 6ft seems of it pure sand but compacted solid only a few ft from the surface.ive dug under a 60ft face using a digger to collapse the face to stop sand Martin's digging in.as they won't nest in anything that ain't a straight face.and have dug in maybe 10ft and the face didn't move an inch.although it had 1000s of tons of weight above it.people maybe think of sand as what you see on the beach ie sand dunes.but it can vary a lot as lads on here know.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

R.I.P Poppy, Lee I feel sorry for your loss but you're still as green as the day you first started posting on here and this will not be the end of your disasters, you have been trying to run too fast before you can walk again, you can get as many tattoos as you like on yourself of wildlife and dead terriers but the experienced terrier men on here can see through your posts like glass,  I applauded that you got involved running the fell and moorland in your area but that just shows how desperate the terrier job has become, how can a man with no direct experience of digging give advice to lads that have dug all their lives, how many digs have you actually, honestly done yourself ???  do your terriers a favour and only go out with lads that know what they"re doing, terriers will enter any earth with a scent but its up to you sometimes to filter the risk, all holes look the same on top and its under the sod or sand where every one is different, you can call me and others what ever you like but it will not alter the facts that you are a very inexperienced terrier man that endangers those brave tykes with your lack of fieldcraft, WM

• Like 3

Weve all been there and lost dogs lads. Just take it in and move on.learn from it. Take pluckys advice.you wont go far wrong.lads on here that do a bit of digging should be offering advice to lee not slating him.to much bitching.take In the positive comments lee.

• Like 7