Raw diet

Im thinking of buying some chicken mince with 10-15% bone added.

Does anyone have any advice on what sort of things should I be giving my dog with the chicken to make sure he's getting everything he needs ?

i want to feed him raw all the time I just don't know what he needs as the minimum.

any help appreciated thanks 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve gone back to feeding all raw after trying a racing greyhound style diet, dabbling with complete mixed in and carbs. My dog had soft shit the whole time. I use this site as a guide https://perfect

Chicken mince doesn't need to be fed with biscuits to be digested that's a load of nonsense. 

I've fed chicken wings for 25yrs and never had a problem RH.with pups I used to smack them a good few times with a lump hammer on a chopping block.so the pups can get them down. I've got 1 of the

Posted Images

I give chicken/tripe mince about 5 days a week. Maybe a couple of days of dry biscuit and table leftovers. 

Also give big knuckle bones every 2/3 weeks, keeps them occupied and is great for the teeth.

Dogs have never looked so good. Hold their weight well after a good day out.

1 hour ago, Hunter_Mat said:

Im thinking of buying some chicken mince with 10-15% bone added.

Does anyone have any advice on what sort of things should I be giving my dog with the chicken to make sure he's getting everything he needs ?

i want to feed him raw all the time I just don't know what he needs as the minimum.

any help appreciated thanks 

Gain 20 mixed in with chicken mince is what I feed mate.

34 minutes ago, zx12edge said:

Feed mine Beef lamb chicken horse meat liver tripe. Most of the bone is lamb also chicken carcass and frozen wings as a treat and table scraps. Variety is the spice of life so they say 

Does your horse flesh come scalded/partly cooked?

The horse flesh is good tucker,.ya just gotta be sensible and not let them gorge on it...

I like to mix all the various raw meats (lamb carcasses, chicken backs, rabbits, etc ) with oily fish...sardines, pilchards...

To be honest, I probably grub my dogs far too well, cos same as myself, they are lazy beggars and don't do a whole fecking lot...:laugh:

PICT00130.thumb.jpg.401fe0546e7fe4725582498894bd1812.jpg

• Like 3
2 hours ago, C.green said:

Ive gotta say i have alot of success with tripe i know some say its shit but proof is in the pudding dogs go mad for it and puts abit of a back on a dog along with other things. 

I feed quite alot of boiled fish aswell

Moons ago I  used to feed nothing but tripe and stale brown bread.  Cost next to nowt,dogs were very fit and healthy on it, and lived to a good age.

Edited by jukel123
2 minutes ago, Night Walker said:

Thanks mate, I have used them before but there seemed to be a lot of water content when defrosted.. They are an option though

Fair enough i find it bang on but then agian i defrost mine in a bucket of water so would not know 

Can’t go wrong with the chicken carcass. If storage isn’t a problem then I would feed it whole rather than minced. Ask a few butchers. Some are happy to give it away. Mine have it most days. I also add whatever else I can get hold of, lamb, beef trim, fish,offal and tripe. 

I'm very suspicious of feeding chicken wings or legs now tbh. Greedy terriers seem to guzzle them down too fast without chewing them.

I had a bitch a few year back that died in strange circumstances, I always thought it was an infection from a bad fox bite but the raw chicken bones played on my mind too. I also know of another lad that gave his dog a chicken wing and when he went back out a few hours later the dog was dead, had swallowed it without chewing and choked on it.