Great Neighbours!

So we moved into this place maybe 18 months ago & our neighbours on one side have been really great, but today the thing I've been dreading for a while happened! My terrier got under their fence & nailed their goat.

I'd actually been talking to my neighbour over the fence while she was feeding the goat & while the conversation went from one thing to another, my terrier suddenly appeared behind her. I immediately tried to call him over & told her to grab him, but the goat suddenly come out of the shed & it was game on! The terrier nailed the goat with no hesitation like I knew he would & they were off down the meadow with my neighbour screaming behind them.

I got him off & of course apologising profusely, of which she would hear none of when she'd calmed down. Just one of those things she said. When her husband got in I went down & checked the goat with him & there was a nasty gash & we spoke about this on the way back to the house. A quiet, level headed man, it was hard to gauge his thoughts. A bit awkward I must say!

As we got back into their kitchen the first thing he said was " do want a beer?" What fcuking great neighbours!! 

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 4

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So we moved into this place maybe 18 months ago & our neighbours on one side have been really great, but today the thing I've been dreading for a while happened! My terrier got under their fence &

Reckon he wiped his knob round the bottle  lol 

My nearest neighbour is an Austrian couple about 3/4 mile down the road and they keep goats and chickens. She has a reputation as a very hard nosed type of woman. when I first moved here my

my old deerhound nailed a cat on the neighbours drive infront of them.

i never got offered a beer.

she screamed at me ''i hope your dog is insured'.

i said calmly back ''i hope your cat is,look at the state of it''

she gave me a £500 vets bill.i gave her £50 and told him and her to f**k off.

other neighbour asked me if i owned a wolfhound,i said no a deerhound.

she said it's in my field and has killed a deer.

i said 'great' i'll have it',never did.

but i had the rest.

1 minute ago, jukel123 said:

Feckin English eejut was what he called you privately.:acute:

I fcuking hope so! They can't be that affable, surely?

when he asked me If I wanted a beer I nearly choked....haha 

1 minute ago, kanny said:

Reckon he wiped his knob round the bottle  lol 

I was watching don't worry haha.......my kids were round as well which they were giving treats to. Better people than me! Haha...

Just now, Accip74 said:

I was watching don't worry haha.......my kids were round as well which they were giving treats to. Better people than me! Haha...

Who said he did it whilst you was there ... bet he thought that English twat will be round shortly lol ....did you take the kids for a shield in case it went postal lol 

• Like 1

Cant beat good neighbours ive got a great old couple on one side , and the couple on the other side are like leopards as nobody in the street talks to them as there dogs a barking yap  

2 minutes ago, kanny said:

Who said he did it whilst you was there ... bet he thought that English twat will be round shortly lol ....did you take the kids for a shield in case it went postal lol 

The boy was already round there. I took the girl as extra back up! Haha..... I watched him take fresh bottles from the fridge mate. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

What about my neighbour.  Moved out and f****n took the fence I was half way through paying them for.

Get a goat, get a good neighbour.....

My nearest neighbour is an Austrian couple about 3/4 mile down the road and they keep goats and chickens.

She has a reputation as a very hard nosed type of woman.

when I first moved here my old lurcher and terrier took themselves for a walk down the road and wound up in their yard with the chickens.

She was absolutely hysterical, so I let her go on for a while and said “I’m very sorry this has upset you, if anything is dead come round, tell me what is dead and I will replace everything 2 for 1”

She looked at me like I was joking......and started to go on again so I said “no, I’m serious, 2 for 1 and the very best of whatever you want.....you will have it next day”

I went up there the following morning and asked her what was dead......nothing she said, I just got a bit panicky.

so I said, “well give it a couple of days and if anything dies unexpectly and you think it’s my fault just come and tell me”

and that was the end of it.......she has been nice as pie ever since, the locals can’t beleive it because to everyone else she is a ball breaker ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
14 hours ago, WILF said:

My nearest neighbour is an Austrian couple about 3/4 mile down the road and they keep goats and chickens.

She has a reputation as a very hard nosed type of woman.

when I first moved here my old lurcher and terrier took themselves for a walk down the road and wound up in their yard with the chickens.

She was absolutely hysterical, so I let her go on for a while and said “I’m very sorry this has upset you, if anything is dead come round, tell me what is dead and I will replace everything 2 for 1”

She looked at me like I was joking......and started to go on again so I said “no, I’m serious, 2 for 1 and the very best of whatever you want.....you will have it next day”

I went up there the following morning and asked her what was dead......nothing she said, I just got a bit panicky.

so I said, “well give it a couple of days and if anything dies unexpectly and you think it’s my fault just come and tell me”

and that was the end of it.......she has been nice as pie ever since, the locals can’t beleive it because to everyone else she is a ball breaker ! 

The Mrs is Austrian (sour faced cnut ?) and I've a couple of mates who are Austrian too... they definitely have a touch of miserable about them. Never seen one smile, without complaining in the next sentence ?

• Haha 1