Is this rabbit activity?

Hi all  :bye:

Earlier today I went for a wander around one of the fields that Is part of my new shooting permission. This permission Is only for use with my HW100 air rifle due to livestock reasons.

As for the recon, I didn't really see much around except for some digging/scraping activity In one of the edges of the field. My first obvious thought was rabbit, but then I realised that I couldn't see any rabbit droppings around the area of the recently dug earth. So I was just wondering If you guys could give me your thoughts on whether you think that this Is rabbit activity or maybe something else.  There was the odd area around the field that showed rabbit droppings but as already mentioned,  not near the recently dug earth. 

Here are the photo's that I took earlier of the above mentioned activity,

John  :hmm:

DSC_0754.jpg

DSC_0755.jpg

DSC_0756.jpg

DSC_0757.jpg

DSC_0753.jpg

Edited by mjr88

John

I like your tag sign the Winchester motif , See if you can tag along with somebody who can teach you field craft and what signs to look for and gauge rabbit activity on your ground . Get down on your ground and watch with binoculars the area's that your interested in and learn whats going on and area's of activity , don't get busted and let the rabbits know you watching . 

1 hour ago, Outback 1 said:

John

I like your tag sign the Winchester motif , See if you can tag along with somebody who can teach you field craft and what signs to look for and gauge rabbit activity on your ground . Get down on your ground and watch with binoculars the area's that your interested in and learn whats going on and area's of activity , don't get busted and let the rabbits know you watching . 

Rabbits dig just out of habbit, or, maybe testing the soil strength for a new warren or burrow. They are very smart, intelligent creatures and constantly on the lookout for safe, secure places to burrow, to breed and eat. And that's all the things they really do.