Garden Smell

am in a private let so my options are limited...

my garden slopes towards the house, it was all slabbed and the water gathers in the corner against the house and next door, doesnt help the gutters leak aswell and water can build up a fair bit. its been mentioned a few times to the landlords, only thing thats been done so far is lift 3 slabs to help let it drain away into the ground intsead of the vents!! anyway the landlord is another topic...

as yous can guess a mixture of all the water and dog piss can cause abit of a smell! i often spray it with jayes and it does help keep it a bay at times, wumin next door is trying to find anything to moan about and shes picked up on the smell.. instead of buying bottles of jayes or blacks is there something similar i can buy, more bulk at a fair price? lots of small bottles of jayes is costly, looking for other options if possible, any helps appreciated.

edit: i see a few kennel cleaners on ebay, any yous recommend?

Without knowing the layout of your patio/garden what you really need is aco drains cemented/concreted against your house slightly lower than your slabs . The runoff from the drains needs to either go into a soakaway or your manhole . Then all you have to do is hose it down . Everything on my patio luckily goes away to a drain then a soakaway . Their is parts of the patio that have a dip in it so holds a bit if water . I got a large plastic yard brush for a few quid and it gets hosed and brushed into the drain. I use jeyes fluid once a week roughly , just dilute it and chuck it all over patio , leave for half hour then hose it away. Keeps it pretty fresh .

Having the piss water drain away is ok but I'd imagine it will reak after a while . And if it's against the wall it might just soak into the wall

Edited by Welsh_red

pro Kleen kennel disenfectant .. I was given some to try and its better than anything Ive used , it seems to kill the smell and not just mask it and it isnt a harsh smell like jeyes it smells like cherry .. and you dont need a lot of it so lasts a long time

https://www.hygienesuppliesdirect.com/products/prod234163-cherry-pet-kennel-discinfectant?tkt=fr&priceVat=inc&utm_source=google&utm_medium=products&utm_campaign=productfeed&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIn6qBj96Z1wIVkRbTCh1QUQ4qEAQYAyABEgLyXPD_BwE

• Like 2

How deep would a soakaway need to be would you have to put gravel in the bottom of it .

Of the top of my head im not sure on depth . Supposed to be a set distance away from the house aswell. Mines only about 2 metres from the kitchen and underneath the patio

I can't run drains into the mains as it to shallow to get a fall on the pipe so I'm think of a soakhole for the kennels instead just not sure on depth and if I fill it with anything to act as a filter for the water if that make since.

I can't run drains into the mains as it to shallow to get a fall on the pipe so I'm think of a soakhole for the kennels instead just not sure on depth and if I fill it with anything to act as a filter for the water if that make since.

In the past with my boss we've filled in the hole with old bricks . Not sure how good that is but that's what he wanted doing

pro Kleen kennel disenfectant .. I was given some to try and its better than anything Ive used , it seems to kill the smell and not just mask it and it isnt a harsh smell like jeyes it smells like cherry .. and you dont need a lot of it so lasts a long time

https://www.hygienesuppliesdirect.com/products/prod234163-cherry-pet-kennel-discinfectant?tkt=fr&priceVat=inc&utm_source=google&utm_medium=products&utm_campaign=productfeed&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIn6qBj96Z1wIVkRbTCh1QUQ4qEAQYAyABEgLyXPD_BwE

Just ordered 20l of the bubble gum too. well cheap! cheers?

Just ordered 20l of the bubble gum too. well cheap! cheers?

Its the bubblegum I have to not cherry ..

• Like 1

I put herring bone drainage right threw my garden and have that surface drain into the plastic pipe at the rear of the side garage but you have to clean it out by hand once a month as the rain off from the slabs blocks the plastic pipe up . i should of went to the extra bother of putting in pipe to the sewage drain and dump all the dog waste in there as if you dont keep the drain clean the side garage floods with all the run off in heavy rain