High Protein Food And No Work.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The issue with high protein foods such as gain is that most of the protein comes from non meat sources. The fact that much of is from cereals makes matters worse. Hence the behavioural issues if over

Mix in some lower protein stuff and Bobs your uncle.

knock him off the high protein until you can get him enough work, too much protein will cause nothing but trouble if they aren't burning it off.

It's only my opinion but all this talk of percentage of protein is unnecessary if you feed meat and waste meat and bone. Soya and vegetable protein cause lots of digestive issues and skin problems. Dogs fed on meat, fat and bone do fine on any exercise within reasonable limits. It's only the soya protein in cheap dogfoods that fecks things up and meat and bone work out cheaper anyways. Just a bit more work to provide it.

• Like 1

The issue with high protein foods such as gain is that most of the protein comes from non meat sources. The fact that much of is from cereals makes matters worse. Hence the behavioural issues if over fed and horse sized piles of sloppy shite.

• Like 4

I am lucky that I have a friend who is a slaughtermen. I fed horse meat 2 or 3 times a week through the winter and it is really rich and keeps the weight on in the cold weather. It can cause the runs until a dog is used to it but then is fine. Feed about half the amount you would feed of chicken.

These guys will sort you out http://www.holtscremations.co.uk/

Very reliable and supply a few greyhound trainers etc

• Like 1

Where can we get horse meat?

That does make them shit through the eye of a needle until they get used to it, better off mixing it with beef ?

None of mine have the shits, if anything they have really dark really small shits when just on horse meat.

I am lucky that I have a friend who is a slaughtermen. I fed horse meat 2 or 3 times a week through the winter and it is really rich and keeps the weight on in the cold weather. It can cause the runs until a dog is used to it but then is fine. Feed about half the amount you would feed of chicken.

What's the FUS registered bit about mate

That's who I get mine off ??