High Protein Food And No Work.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The issue with high protein foods such as gain is that most of the protein comes from non meat sources. The fact that much of is from cereals makes matters worse. Hence the behavioural issues if over

Mix in some lower protein stuff and Bobs your uncle.

knock him off the high protein until you can get him enough work, too much protein will cause nothing but trouble if they aren't burning it off.

i bet there's some right shit in there.

stock fall's on a friday afternoon and it won't get picked up til monday.

most of the time they haven't died of old age or natural cause's.

Now some of the time that's true. I could name a local slaughtermen who is a total crook. He even showed up at my mates place with a bucket of blue dye to put on a previous delivery because he heard there might be an inspection and he hadn't dyed it before delivering.

But I can personally vouch for holts. They slaughter enough stock that they don't need to sell rubbish as animal feed they can just incinerate it. They will only sell decent stuff. Will joint it or mince it or whatever you require. They freeze meat after cutting so doesn't rot over the weekend or whatever

Edited by beast
  • Like 1
On 10/31/2017 at 11:11 PM, beast said:

Now some of the time that's true. I could name a local slaughtermen who is a total crook. He even showed up at my mates place with a bucket of blue dye to put on a previous delivery because he heard there might be an inspection and he hadn't dyed it before delivering.

But I can personally vouch for holts. They slaughter enough stock that they don't need to sell rubbish as animal feed they can just incinerate it. They will only sell decent stuff. Will joint it or mince it or whatever you require. They freeze meat after cutting so doesn't rot over the weekend or whatever

fair enough mate i was just talking generally.

Gain 28 is only a mixer to add meat to its not a complete feed. I add it to try and make up for any vitamins that i might be missing out of there diet when feeding raw. I would have two bags on go one bag of gain 28 and a bag of gain 20 just drop onto gain 20 when not doing much. Then go back onto 28 a couple of days before you up the work rate again. 

• Thanks 1