High Protein Food And No Work.

Just a question regarding high protein dry food, got mine on gain 28 at the moment good stuff as far as I can tell, dog happy nice solid crap.

How ever I don't have the work for him at the moment for various reasons so only lead walks during the week and off lead at weekends.

So he on the high protein diet without a lot of exercise for the next few weeks, will this have an adverse affect on his health.

Cheers

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The issue with high protein foods such as gain is that most of the protein comes from non meat sources. The fact that much of is from cereals makes matters worse. Hence the behavioural issues if over

Mix in some lower protein stuff and Bobs your uncle.

knock him off the high protein until you can get him enough work, too much protein will cause nothing but trouble if they aren't burning it off.

Just a question regarding high protein dry food, got mine on gain 28 at the moment good stuff as far as I can tell, dog happy nice solid crap.

How ever I don't have the work for him at the moment for various reasons so only lead walks during the week and off lead at weekends.

So he on the high protein diet without a lot of exercise for the next few weeks, will this have an adverse affect on his health.

Cheers

Can’t you take him somewhere and chuck a ball round for him to keep him ticking over?

• Like 1

Cheers

Can’t you take him somewhere and chuck a ball round for him to keep him ticking over?

And if time is limited a nice steep hill to retrieve the ball he will soon be tired out.
  • Like 3

Cheers

And if time is limited a nice steep hill to retrieve the ball he will soon be tired out.

You must have read my mind mate! 50-60 steep hill sprints after a tennis ball gives mine something to think about!

• Like 1

Thanks lads I can see what your saying, this one off lead just hunts up all the time, and goes on sight or scent he's great on the right land.

A pain anywhere else he will chase a ball then keep running to the nearest cover lol

Just had our first frost this morning so perhaps the greenery will die back a bit and might be able to do a bit with him.

Thanks lads I can see what your saying, this one off lead just hunts up all the time, and goes on sight or scent he's great on the right land.

A pain anywhere else he will chase a ball then keep running to the nearest cover lol

Just had our first frost this morning so perhaps the greenery will die back a bit and might be able to do a bit with him.[/quote

How old is he bud?]

Just had our first frost this morning so perhaps the greenery will die back a bit and might be able to do a bit with him.[/quote

How old is he bud?]

He's just turned 3 mate.

• Like 1

How old is he bud?]

He's just turned 3 mate.

I’m in a slightly similar situation, having a couple weeks off the lamp with mine. Waiting for the next new moon. He ran shite the last time I took him out, he was lacking something. So I’ve changed the diet round a bit and am going to smash the fitness until we go out again

• Like 1