Rats Are Back

3 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

Don't think many if any use mink for hunting in the UK 

Ferrets instead  .

we had rats running between the fences here as for some strange reason when this  estate was built the housing association and private homes both put boundary fences in so you get a nice rat sized highway ,seen signs of rats when we first moved in but when I got chickens we got the blame? 

Anyways now we only see odd sign in the winter , but I found best thing was to be ruthless with what’s in the garden ,get rid of stuff you don’t need , 

I got rid of a rotten shed and put a tarp over the kids bikes instead and the rats had nowhere to live under so moved on.

3 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Ferrets instead  .

we had rats running between the fences here as for some strange reason when this  estate was built the housing association and private homes both put boundary fences in so you get a nice rat sized highway ,seen signs of rats when we first moved in but when I got chickens we got the blame? 

Anyways now we only see odd sign in the winter , but I found best thing was to be ruthless with what’s in the garden ,get rid of stuff you don’t need , 

I got rid of a rotten shed and put a tarp over the kids bikes instead and the rats had nowhere to live under so moved on.

That's what I've done.  Cleared the garden to the bone . Don't mind a good clear out but was pissed off when I checked my bbq and found rat shit inside it . Wasn't a particularly good one but still a ballache taking it down the tip 

Also I had the ferrets in a hutch right next to where the rats were and the rats didn't give a shit about the ferrets , found rat crap right behind their hutch 

Edited by Welsh_red
2 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

Don't think many if any use mink for hunting in the UK 

Not something I have come across!  As Eddie B says, Ferrets sometimes, so I guess that's close!

Edited by Deker
27 minutes ago, Deker said:

Not something I have come across!  As Eddie B says, Ferrets sometimes, so I guess that's close!

The guy on YouTube in USA looks good with them.   But from what I read in America its illegal to use them for hunting (in some states)