Rats Are Back

Had problems with rats before . Nothing for ages then noticed rustling in the ivy coming over the wall bordering me and next door . I cut half the ivy back and next day noticed fresh tunnells going under my bin boxes on the lawn . Dogs have let me know theirs something there aswell . I've put a few live traps out to try catch them . Baited it with Brussels patte and chocolate spread. I put a tile on top to create a bit of cover to try get them on there . Anything else I could do or try to catch them? I moved one of the boxes under the ivy on the ledge with all the other traps in aswell

post-99802-0-76354300-1509311164_thumb.jpg

post-99802-0-08120600-1509311225_thumb.jpg

post-99802-0-52143000-1509311291_thumb.jpg

post-99802-0-94898100-1509311365_thumb.jpg

post-99802-0-13026200-1509311435_thumb.jpg

post-99802-0-47713600-1509311483_thumb.jpg

post-99802-0-33409900-1509311559_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I would definitely recommend a purpose made bait box and poison i would recommend bait blocks secured in bait box, as much as possible away from dog access but on rats route to food up against a wall or similar put something heavy on top to stop any of your dogs moving it from its position,keep topping up as they eat it and after a while they will be gone, blocks are better then grain grain can get spilled out of box and put pets or none target species in danger rats food source if its in your garden or next door probably be bird food?,traps imo find are hit and miss with only the odd rat getting court.This time of year feeding birds will inevitably attract rats.

The thing about the fens is you can produce a body to show the home owner with poison they crawl away to die elsewhere . i had a good rabbit permission on a smallholding   and she had rats at the bird table i offered to put a trap under it and bait  round the house only to be knocked back when asked how would you get under the house to get the dead rats out . She paid a well known firm to poison them and i  bet the bodys are still there :laugh::laugh:

On 11/11/2017 at 13:17, The one said:

The thing about the fens is you can produce a body to show the home owner with poison they crawl away to die elsewhere . i had a good rabbit permission on a smallholding   and she had rats at the bird table i offered to put a trap under it and bait  round the house only to be knocked back when asked how would you get under the house to get the dead rats out . She paid a well known firm to poison them and i  bet the bodys are still there :laugh::laugh:

Feckin stink as well - I got desperate as used poison for the ones that got trap shy in the attic. Solved the problem but by Christ does it smell up there... and the flies coming down through the light fittings?? blahhhh!

• 7 months later...