Would You Take The Fence

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sounds like potential for future aggro! I'd just leave it. What if they take exception to it and claim it was theirs? Who's responsible for maintaining that boundary? If it's them might that not stand

Got to be more agg taking it down and transporting than it’s worth mate , I’d wipe my mouth and not get to generous next time , if your going halves with someone it’s money up front .. Will the peopl

After reading this I still can't decide which side of the fence I'm on.

Your gonna need concrete evidence its yours

theres something in the back of my mind telling me ive got the paperwork for the fence here somwhere. i wrote both myself and the neighbour a copy of a brocken down bill and payment plan. ive just got to find it

Lol just a pun trig hope you sort it bud i see what your saying. They didnt pay why the uck should they benefit. Defo get round and tell them. Pay or its comin down let it settle in there mind for a bit. See what appens. Well worth a try pal

Get down the local waste ground get a carrier bag of Japanese knot weed roots.

Dig a 6" narrow trench along the fence line chuck a few roots in and neatly cover over.

Both the knotweed and you will enjoy your new house.job done.

• Like 2

:hmm:it's a difficult situation...

Nobody likes being done over, used or abused,..sadly, every time I have taken steps to secure retribution,..it has always ended badly... :yes:

If you rip down the fence, it could be construed, as being criminal damage,..and Judge Rinder will surely take the poor neighbor's side.

Personally, I would put it down to experience, and walk away, knowing in your heart of hearts, that "You won't get fooled again"... :thumbs:

• Like 1

I ripped out hedges and put up a 6 foot double slatted fence right round the back. This was so the dog wasn't looking through as both neighbours have cats and the back is farmland and has sheep. All was great wood was treated. Now this summer I put fresh two coats of treatment on my side. However I never done the neighbours sides. I'm in a dilemma as I don't want the wood to rot and although they are elderly one has an unemployed son and grandson and they are constantly hanging about her house but would never think to lift a finger and paint it or cut her grass etc. Should I paint it or leave it. I don't see it tbh so it doesn't bother me and my sides well treated but I paid for the lot so don't like seeing it going to waste

Ask the old girl if she wants her grass cut and her fence painted?

What's the harm in squaring her away mate

• Like 1

I ripped out hedges and put up a 6 foot double slatted fence right round the back. This was so the dog wasn't looking through as both neighbours have cats and the back is farmland and has sheep. All was great wood was treated. Now this summer I put fresh two coats of treatment on my side. However I never done the neighbours sides. I'm in a dilemma as I don't want the wood to rot and although they are elderly one has an unemployed son and grandson and they are constantly hanging about her house but would never think to lift a finger and paint it or cut her grass etc. Should I paint it or leave it. I don't see it tbh so it doesn't bother me and my sides well treated but I paid for the lot so don't like seeing it going to waste

Ask the old girl if she wants her grass cut and her fence painted?

What's the harm in squaring her away mate

I used to cut the grass and hedge when it was up and her grandson asked me to stop as she's elderly the council cut it so if they saw it was getting cut now and again aoparently they would stop so I stopped which I suppose makes sense as I only cut hers every other time. I ripped the hedges out and put up a treated fence that a double slatted. I want to paint it So it doesn't get wasted but the fact her son and grandson are there daily smoking and hanging abiut and wouldn't think avout touching it annoys me
If it is to your advantage I would volunteer to paint it for her!
  • Like 1

Your gonna need concrete evidence its yours

theres something in the back of my mind telling me ive got the paperwork for the fence here somwhere. i wrote both myself and the neighbour a copy of a brocken down bill and payment plan. ive just got to find it
mate in three years of house ownership you have probably earned at least ten grand in equity alone is it worth all the hassle over a few hundred quids worth of fence, secondly if your neighbour owns the boundary it's more shit and if you own the boundary and sell the house with the fence it belongs to the new owners, ask yourself do you need extra shit at a stressful time (selling house) and if you do start are you willing to see it through to its ultimate conclusion (probably not) take it on the chin put it down as an expensive lesson and don't be so quick to be friendly to people you barely know then enjoy the rest of your life in your new home because no one on here will be stood behind you when the police or anyone else come knocking
  • Like 5

If they have made at least 1 payment half that fence is theirs, if you feel your owed money you will have to go to a smalll claims court.

If you remove that fence after they have made a payment the chances are you could be charged with theft if they complain, damage it and you could be charged with criminal damage. Sounds shit but thats the way it is. Ask them politley for payment or you will remove the fence, if they refuse move on and get over it.

• Like 2

I fenced right round my house and in doing so fenced 2 sides and a back off 1 for 3 neighbours , the 1 at the back is sound the other 2 are a joke , 1 asked was I painting her side of my fence . . Yes Right Oh . . Some people just don't give a Fukc but I done it for me not them !!

• Like 2