Large Pythons

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fecking idiots forget the snake trying to eat the kid just a quick defensive bite from a snake that size (which could happen at any time no matter how "friendly" it's been in the past) would leave th

They aren't capable of feeling "loyalty" but I've had snakes that were fine with me but would bite anyone else who tried to get them out, probably down to being used to how I moved and how I smelt?  

Many years ago when I got my first royal python that first day I went to feed her and she struck and coiled around my left hand, she was only about 3 foot or so but I couldn't get her off with my righ

Posted Images

I know a fella whos into these he trusts them too much if you ask me he told me he put a live pet rat in there once and it done the snake fair play to the rat i say.

I can understand breeding them for colours and that but otherwise there abit boring to keep they don't actually seem to do much or is this not the case ?

Yeah don't do a lot really..lol, ultimate goal in the breeding game is to try & get as many genes into the one animal as you can really, at one point around 6/7 years ago breeders were paying big money for some high end male morphs £30k+ per animal, there was serious money in it at one point, then lots of people thought they could jump on the bandwagon & produce stuff for a quick buck, started to undercuut each other price wise & it strarted to get a bit silly, some of the high end American breeders started to try & control the market (Banana Royal Python Morph) with releasing only females into the gene pool whilst holding onto the males, saying things like 'this animal only produces female clutches' etc, so anyone buying a female from them at big money could do nothing with her for 3-4 years (apart from feed her up) whilst all the time these guys were holding back the males and breeding them into other high end morphs (males can breed within 12-18 months) which then subsequently produced other world first high end animals, then when all the females got to around breeding age/weight, lo & behold the guys in the US suddenly released males onto the market, again for silly money but breeders bought them as they could pair them to their own mulit gene females they had at breeding weight, and all the poor sods that had bought the original big money females were suddenly ovetaken by everyone esle who picked up a breeding weight male, and obviously these American breeders were years ahead of everyone else as they had been breeding these high end males into other high end females and producing stuff to further breed on years ahead of everyone else, Britain will always be well behing what the US produce, & the US still produce some stunning high end multi gene animals, that command decent money, if thats what your into but the bottom has fallen out of it quite a bit over here, I got out at just the right time.

What do you mean by breeding high end snakes mate?

Are you breeding two rare ones together or something lol

I know a fella whos into these he trusts them too much if you ask me he told me he put a live pet rat in there once and it done the snake fair play to the rat i say.

I can understand breeding them for colours and that but otherwise there abit boring to keep they don't actually seem to do much or is this not the case ?

Yeah don't do a lot really..lol, ultimate goal in the breeding game is to try & get as many genes into the one animal as you can really, at one point around 6/7 years ago breeders were paying big money for some high end male morphs £30k+ per animal, there was serious money in it at one point, then lots of people thought they could jump on the bandwagon & produce stuff for a quick buck, started to undercuut each other price wise & it strarted to get a bit silly, some of the high end American breeders started to try & control the market (Banana Royal Python Morph) with releasing only females into the gene pool whilst holding onto the males, saying things like 'this animal only produces female clutches' etc, so anyone buying a female from them at big money could do nothing with her for 3-4 years (apart from feed her up) whilst all the time these guys were holding back the males and breeding them into other high end morphs (males can breed within 12-18 months) which then subsequently produced other world first high end animals, then when all the females got to around breeding age/weight, lo & behold the guys in the US suddenly released males onto the market, again for silly money but breeders bought them as they could pair them to their own mulit gene females they had at breeding weight, and all the poor sods that had bought the original big money females were suddenly ovetaken by everyone esle who picked up a breeding weight male, and obviously these American breeders were years ahead of everyone else as they had been breeding these high end males into other high end females and producing stuff to further breed on years ahead of everyone else, Britain will always be well behing what the US produce, & the US still produce some stunning high end multi gene animals, that command decent money, if thats what your into but the bottom has fallen out of it quite a bit over here, I got out at just the right time.

What do you mean by breeding high end snakes mate?

Are you breeding two rare ones together or something lol

Unusual or pretty colours/markings or morphs as their known.

Snakes are my phobia

I'm actually terrified of them

Put my feet up on the coach when they come on telly lol

Killed a big f**k off green one in Kenya once and buried it with the digger, the c**t came up striking at the bucket

Gave me nightmares for weeks

Most likely a green mamba, I'd be shitting myself in that situation too! Evil buggers they are, unlike most snakes they'll actually chase you down if you piss them off enough and if you get bit by one out in the bush you're pretty much fecked.

It was actually bgd,

I was in a front loader shovel with my mate in a jcb , t pushing shrub and trees out of the way for a temporary landing strip out in the ulu living in tents

I Ievelled a huge ant hill, not something I'm proud of , but you need to remove obstacles

As I pushed over it, my mate beeped and beeped before pointing in my bucket , I reveresed and tipped assuming large wooden object or a burst pipe

The snake was really long , a bright green and cable thick

About 3 4 m long

I reveresed back at speed as my mate knows I'm terrified of them and he clammed it up in the front actor and cut it in half before snacking it repeatedly

I poured a bucket of spoil over it and it came out striking big at my front end ,

I smashed it with my bucket again before getting out and killing it with rocks

We told some locals about an hour later and their faces told me how stupid I'd been

The main lad said if that had got in the cab or underneath I'd have been in serious trouble lol

I'd have just strangled it with one hand !

• Like 1

I think you can also shove a finger up ther arse, Or stick ye hand doon there throat an rip there heart out. Or is that lions, or maybe dogs, fcuk it it’s worth a try anyways

Think you're mistaken, could be the sharpened pencil inserted above the eye of a crocodile to escape the death roll that you're thinking of

How do you prove it's a new morph?

To complex & time consuming to explain, but certain characteristics of certain snakes carry over to offspring and can be

plainly be seen, if you have bred say a 3 gene female with a 2 gene male & no other male has been with the female,

you should know what the offspring are going/should be, you have possibility of snake producing, 1,2,3,4 & possibly the 5

gene animal, depending on whether you are breeding Dominant / Co-Dominant / or Recessive gene animals, you have certain

% of hitting each, with the 5 gene hatchling being 'the golden fleece' from the pairing although the odds for this per egg are massive,

then you can confuse issues by throwing 'Het' (Heterozygous) snakes into the mix, where the Het may carry the gene(s) of other

snakes but there are no visible markers on the adult snake, so this animal would need to be bred to prove it out, that it indeed carry

the genes, you dont need to be a geneticist to become a breeder, but it does help if you can grasp the concept involved , helps if you

keep methodical breeding records & know the history of the snake, especially when you start playing about with Recessive genes & Hets....

have a look at this site ,should (hopefully) explain it better:

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/showthread.php?52847-A-Lesson-in-Basic-Genetics

• Like 2

I don't know about any of that, but when ever I see people handle snakes or spiders there is always a voice in my head screaming "Go on, bite and kill the daft c**t!" Lol

• Like 3