Large Pythons

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fecking idiots forget the snake trying to eat the kid just a quick defensive bite from a snake that size (which could happen at any time no matter how "friendly" it's been in the past) would leave th

They aren't capable of feeling "loyalty" but I've had snakes that were fine with me but would bite anyone else who tried to get them out, probably down to being used to how I moved and how I smelt?  

Many years ago when I got my first royal python that first day I went to feed her and she struck and coiled around my left hand, she was only about 3 foot or so but I couldn't get her off with my righ

Posted Images

I kept & bred snakes for years - Royals, Boas, Green Tree Pythons, Garters, Bloods etc, had over 200 at one point and that number

would increase to 350-400 with hatchlings, didn't matter how long I had kept any individual snake, they are natural predators and as

such I never ever trusted any of them, especially on feeding nights.. & if snake wanted you is was having you..LOL, didn't matter how

quick I was, snake was always quicker, I've been tagged thousands of times, small stuff doesnt hurt really but if tagged by a Green Tree

or a big Blood..I can tell you ,you know about it !!, getting the females of a clutch of eggs was always fun :-)

& yeah not the best idea letting a constrictor roam about a young kid, very stupid really !!

Snake in the video is not a Retic, it's a Burmese Python (an Albino one).

Edited by Johno2486
  • Like 4

I kept & bred snakes for years - Royals, Boas, Green Tree Pythons, Garters, Bloods etc, had over 200 at one point and that number

would increase to 350-400 with hatchlings, didn't matter how long I had kept any individual snake, they are natural predators and as

such I never ever trusted any of them, especially on feeding nights.. & if snake wanted you is was having you..LOL, didn't matter how

quick I was, snake was always quicker, I've been tagged thousands of times, small stuff doesnt hurt really but if tagged by a Green Tree

or a big Blood..I can tell you ,you know about it !!, getting the females of a clutch of eggs was always fun :-)

& yeah not the best idea letting a constrictor roam about a young kid, very stupid really !!

I took a bite off a big black blood once, felt like my hand had been smashed with a lump hammer! Their strike force is just insane.

Wouldn't fancy getting a kiss off a GTP either...

i read those reticulated python have the worst tempers

They used to have a really bad rep when the majority of them were grumpy wild caught specimens but these days a decent captive bred one is no worse than any other large python really. They're very active though, always on my toes when "playing" with my pals retics.

I was watching a documentary on Discovery one night about the escaped Pythons in the Everglades that are creating havoc with the natural balance of flora and fauna as they have no predators there despite authorities doing there best to hunt and kill them at every opportunity.The size of some of the animals that these Pythons are able to kill and then devour is unreal. There was a case of a couple waking up during the night and finding there "pet" Python stretched out in a straight line alongside them which they thought was ok until an expert said that the Python was measuring them up to see if it could eat them !! Another case on there was of another "pet" Python but this one was 14 foot long and had decided to eat the owners young son,however the owner came in the house and found the child with the Python coiled around him and it's jaws clamped firmly in top of the child's head.The owner was able to get the Python off and the child fully recovered despite heavy scarring to his head and also one of his eyes had popped out its socket during the attack,luckily the child made a full recovery and was only left with some scarring. The owner of this Python refused to let authorities kill it and wanted it put in a zoo ??? F*^>in idiot !

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1

I know its not a retic mate. Cant see how people can keep these huge snakes but certain dog breeds are banned ????

I took a bite off a big black blood once, felt like my hand had been smashed with a lump hammer! Their strike force is just insane.

Wouldn't fancy getting a kiss off a GTP either...

i read those reticulated python have the worst tempers

They used to have a really bad rep when the majority of them were grumpy wild caught specimens but these days a decent captive bred one is no worse than any other large python really. They're very active though, always on my toes when "playing" with my pals retics.

I've got a mate who still keeps/breeds bloods and yeah they can be right nasty b******s, especially the females, he has a room full of them, & if you go in there

in the dark all you can here are the snakes striking and thumping off the end of the tubs they are in in their racks , just trying to get at the heat source, I remmember one got out during the night at height of breeding season & he could here it knocking stuff over in the snake room, he knew it couldn't get out, so he left it till daylight, said he wasn't going in there to get it ..lol, they still scare me always always very wary of a Blood, been tagged too many times from them.

I have mates that keep Diamond Back Rattlers, Cobras etc...amazing creatures but you certainly got to be on your toes when those bad boys are about.

I've got a mate who still keeps/breeds bloods and yeah they can be right nasty b******s, especially the females, he has a room full of them, & if you go in there

in the dark all you can here are the snakes striking and thumping off the end of the tubs they are in in their racks , just trying to get at the heat source, I remmember one got out during the night at height of breeding season & he could here it knocking stuff over in the snake room, he knew it couldn't get out, so he left it till daylight, said he wasn't going in there to get it ..lol, they still scare me always always very wary of a Blood, been tagged too many times from them.

I have mates that keep Diamond Back Rattlers, Cobras etc...amazing creatures but you certainly got to be on your toes when those bad boys are about.

Big angry slugs we always called them :laugh: They look like fat slow creatures until they strike and then it's just a blur! Gorgeous though especially the reds.

I remember visiting a chap who kept all sorts of species of rattlers the noise in the room when we stepped in was deafening! I was out of there sharpish when he got one out though :laugh: I'm too slow to risk being around something that can kill in the blink of an eye!

I was watching a documentary on Discovery one night about the escaped Pythons in the Everglades that are creating havoc with the natural balance of flora and fauna as they have no predators there despite authorities doing there best to hunt and kill them at every opportunity.The size of some of the animals that these Pythons are able to kill and then devour is unreal. There was a case of a couple waking up during the night and finding there "pet" Python stretched out in a straight line alongside them which they thought was ok until an expert said that the Python was measuring them up to see if it could eat them !! Another case on there was of another "pet" Python but this one was 14 foot long and had decided to eat the owners young son,however the owner came in the house and found the child with the Python coiled around him and it's jaws clamped firmly in top of the child's head.The owner was able to get the Python off and the child fully recovered despite heavy scarring to his head and also one of his eyes had popped out its socket during the attack,luckily the child made a full recovery and was only left with some scarring. The owner of this Python refused to let authorities kill it and wanted it put in a zoo ??? F*^>in idiot !

Think most of that is 'Urban Myth' , constrictors do not even start or attempt to swallow their prey until they know it's dead, they can feel preys heartbeat through their coils, and continue to constrict until they know pulse has stopped, they never 'plan' a meal if it was going to eat her (physically impossible as even a snake at 30' + would struggle to get its jaws over/around our shoulders) it would of had her there and then, not put if off ..lol, snakes are ectothermic (cold blooded) and as we are endotherms (warm blooded) they see us as a heat source, practically a furnace producing heat from within, so they quite happily go to us to make use of this heat, to make itself warm.

• Like 2

Yeah snake could been putting its jaw back in,if it done it constantly could been onset of mouth rot.

But it looked like it was just sat there if it been coiling round her been different but I wouldn't let my kid just sit there with it whilst I'm faffing with my phone.

I got bit by my argentian tegu ,went to put a rodent in its with viv with the tongs next thing it had crossed the viv an stuck to my hand ,it let go when I retracted my hand but it hurt like hell, then I decided it wasn't an animal to keep in the living room with young kids and sold it to a breeder.

Probably a friendly and placid enough snake but why the fuk take that chance just for a cool wee vid clip? Had snakes for years and all acted differently, had a 12ft boa and he could be real friendly but now n again could be pissed of and he would strike at me with his mouth closed, remember the 1st time I fed him a massive dead rat and he fired out of the tank and grabbed it out my hands the minute the lid was took of! My fav snake was a wee milk snake she was really affectionate never ever nippy