Bedlingtin Terrier Pup

Hi all, it's been a while since last on here

My 13 year old son has been out ferreting a few times and is now wanting a dog

So I thought I'd post on here to see if anyone knows if anybody who has a bitch in pup or any pups for sale?

Don't want anything too big as will be kept in the house and will also be a family pet.

Personally I think a bedlington terrier or a small beddy x

Just wants something that will mark up and also wick enough to catch a rabbit

Was hoping to get one sorted for a xmas box.

If any of you lads can put me in the right direction it will be much appreciated.

ATB

Nick.

A Bedlington Whippet cross would be a better dog for him in my opinion. A Bedlington, as most terriers, can make a very useful ferreting dog. But they are not quick enough to catch rabbits. I'm just thinking ahead that if the lad brings a terrier on as a rabbit dog then realises that it is lacking physically, then it may install the swap and change mentality or disillusion him.. A Beddy x Whippet or pure (does not have to be KC), would be a great dog for a young lad with an inclination to get out and about after rabbits.

• Like 4

A Bedlington Whippet cross would be a better dog for him in my opinion. A Bedlington, as most terriers, can make a very useful ferreting dog. But they are not quick enough to catch rabbits. I'm just thinking ahead that if the lad brings a terrier on as a rabbit dog then realises that it is lacking physically, then it may install the swap and change mentality or disillusion him.. A Beddy x Whippet or pure (does not have to be KC), would be a great dog for a young lad with an inclination to get out and about after rabbits.

i agree. Wont go wrong with a whippet cross if your looking for rabbits.