4 hours ago, matt the lamper said:

Lol the cat were not feeding really but manage hook one on the carp gear and it snap me hook 

We had a few big cats on the carp gear and never see them ...:laugh: ..I was just as happy fishing for the carp , nice to have caught a few cats but I’d have been just as pleased to have caught a forty pound common ..

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Put a couple ov picture up now

Thank mate hopefully will have a good fortnite with plenty of fish

Posted Images

Went twice a year at least, many years ago, always stayed with the Bavarian camp,as they were the only ones there when we first starting going, went for the carp in February, as it was the only place in Europe, worm enough, for feeding carp, and not many if any was fishing there for carp at the time, the best at that time (more than 15 years ago) was low to mid 30s, ive heard they are upper 50s now.

The cats we found the best  time for weights was Sept/ Oct, but for runs, early June after they have spawned and are getting on it again, the best cat we had was 162lb which was quite big at the time.

The best swim we found for the cats was beside the bridge where the two rivers meet, right in the corner going out to about the fourth leg of the bridge, and the best bait by far was eels, but I think are band now.

The carp we found responded to heavy baiting but will f##k off as soon as the baits gone.

If you get the chance go alone the Ebro in a boat it gets quite narrow (possable to night fish without getting cought) and if you go far enough your find a church steeple sticking out the river.

Edited by slip lead