Si Pittaway........ The Squirrel Vigilante.

Si Pittaway was a senior NCO in the Royal Horse Artillery. Not a sniper, or Special Forces SAS or anything like. :hmm:

But I suppose, if your job is knowing how to lob huge artillery shells from a 155 mm Howitzer over twenty miles onto a target, then it's another form of long range precision shooting in its own way. :thumbs:

Right ok Simon well you know the guy, but I am damn sure I watched one of VHTV films that began with a brief history of the guy, and an SAS badge appeared, strongly suggesting he had belonged to that regiment???? So Im buggered if I know why.
Maybe he got his badge after shooting JFK........

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Journalist in question here is Scott Campbell for Mailonline. Must be a slow-news week at the Mail whoever he is...   This is the risk to putting your vermin shooting on the net. And why I do

That's Si at the front, Davy in the middle and, me at the back - this was a tricky permission so, we had to up the ante a bit.   If you look very closely, you can see the Compatto

Si Pittaway was a senior NCO in the Royal Horse Artillery. Not a sniper, or Special Forces SAS or anything like.     But I suppose, if your job is knowing how to lob huge artillery shells from a 1

Posted Images

Si Pittaway was a senior NCO in the Royal Horse Artillery. Not a sniper, or Special Forces SAS or anything like. :hmm:

But I suppose, if your job is knowing how to lob huge artillery shells from a 155 mm Howitzer over twenty miles onto a target, then it's another form of long range precision shooting in its own way. :thumbs:

RHA? Crazy b*****ds jump out of planes with their big field guns before they fire them dont they? :laugh:

Not quite chip paper yet, field sports channel covered the piece, complete with Si's close up.

He's got my vote mind, saw my 1st red back in June in the lakes. Beautiful creatures.

My mutts are mad for the greys , and I'll keep encouraging em as long as I've a hole up my ass.

JUST REMIND ME NOT TO FALL OUT WITH YOU LADS

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

bit piss taking is all sure he a decent enough fella,knows his tech shit when it comes to air rifles im sure although his species id needs some work lol atb

As you are all aware, these ill informed people do not have a clue about country and field sports, let alone pests.

I have lived for 60 years, and have seen song birds reduced in numbers due to the increase in corvids, foxes now roam in packs, and

enter houses and the grey squirrel is growing in numbers.

All members of gun clubs, should invite their local MP to give them an in sight into the sport.

99% of criminal acts involving air riffles, are caused by the under 20's who will shoot anything.

Laws will not stop these people.

Your MP's might not be your cup of tea, but we need them on our side.

• Like 1

All I know is that here on Anglesey, long before we moved here from Derbyshire, the lottery heritage fund started a grey squirrel cull that lasted 18 years and about three years ago the island was declared grey squirrel free so the county of gwynedd is now receiving the same funding apparently.

If you walk through any woodland over here you have had a shit day if you don't see a red or two.

One of my customers regularly has 5 of them racing around the feeders at the front of the property and not a single grey in sight.

As a complete coincidence I saw the first red to visit our garden this afternoon and we are on open farmland very close to the village and about half a mile from any woodland at all so the cull of greys and introduction of reds is paying off.

I say keep at it but be careful where you post pics and what the pics contain so as not to stir up the misconceptions of the uneducated in our sport?

• Like 2

As you are all aware, these ill informed people do not have a clue about country and field sports, let alone pests.

I have lived for 60 years, and have seen song birds reduced in numbers due to the increase in corvids, foxes now roam in packs, and

enter houses and the grey squirrel is growing in numbers.

All members of gun clubs, should invite their local MP to give them an in sight into the sport.

99% of criminal acts involving air riffles, are caused by the under 20's who will shoot anything.

Laws will not stop these people.

Your MP's might not be your cup of tea, but we need them on our side.

Trouble is airsoft and BB guns come under air weapons not just the guns we know as airguns

Yes, you are correct, other air weapons are often describe as AirGuns / Riffles.

No one ever mentions you can buy crossbows that are 150 Foot pounds plus without checks.

Great shout. Always wondered that myself... Bloody crossbows spitting out 25 inch bolts @ 450FPS... I know what Id rather be shot with.

I hate the phrase 'Air weapon' - it's been designed to conjure up totally the wrong impression. The Scottish government knew exactly what they were doing when they decided to use it.

It's detrimental to the sport and to the impression of the sport to the general public. It's not a wording that you'll ever find me using.

I own air rifles - that's exactly what they are - They have a long rifled barrel and, they use air as a propellant.

I use them on targets and small game. I don't use them for defence or offense :rolleyes:

By the way, that's not a dig at you Bonham :thumbs:

• Like 3