Hopeful Hybrid Pair

Goldfinch and linnet. Linnets are notoriously scatty but she is nice and steady so I'm confident she'll nest in a cage.

Thought so. Is that not still classed as a Mule or because they are closer genetically they are Hybred? Forgive my ignorance I have never kept birds, I just feed the little critters.

Goldfinch and linnet. Linnets are notoriously scatty but she is nice and steady so I'm confident she'll nest in a cage.

Thought so. Is that not still classed as a Mule or because they are closer genetically they are Hybred? Forgive my ignorance I have never kept birds, I just feed the little critters.

I suppose it is a mule and a canary cross which people call mules are hybrids too. I don't know why one types called a mule and the others are hybrids.
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Best of luck Gnipper, I have a friend who breeds mules for fun and every year tries about 5 different types of hybrids. In a good year he'll succeed once.

A few years ago one of his hybrids (I forget the cross) cleaned up in the shows here. It's a hard thing to do.

16 minutes ago, Meroman said:

Good luck with them Gnipper, the goldie  usually doesn't come into breeding condition until mid to late may so if you get an early round of blind eggs dont lose faith in the pair.

I know mate, these are getting left together no matter what happens.  I've got another couple of cocks for muling with.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, slip lead said:

If you use a white hen canary with your goldies, she will have blue/grey mules.

If you use a red eye your get white mules.

Good luck for the coming season.

If only it were that easy to breed white mules but thanks anyway mate.

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...