Kerryblue First X.

Cracking looking mutt and an interesting cross :thumbs:

My uncle had a Kerry blue x staff in the 90s was a great yard dog and loved a bit of bushing and ratting. Would have liked to see the results from putting him over a running dog.

My uncle had a Kerry blue x staff in the 90s was a great yard dog and loved a bit of bushing and ratting. Would have liked to see the results from putting him over a running dog.

i bred him myself their was 9 in his litter, 5 broken coated and 4 really smooth coated, the smooths turned out like if u can imagine a racey but powerful built staff x.

Edited by stonewall

Are their any working Kerry blues left does anyone know. Cheers

i reckon their rarer than hens teeth.

Thought as much a mate had one 30 year ago he was a real clever dog loved crashing through cover surprised they weren't used more in lurcher breeding.

A real nice cross that one stonewall did he make oldbones mate

Are their any working Kerry blues left does anyone know. Cheers

i reckon their rarer than hens teeth.

Thought as much a mate had one 30 year ago he was a real clever dog loved crashing through cover surprised they weren't used more in lurcher breeding.

A real nice cross that one stonewall did he make oldbones mate

the funny thing was when he was young he had got a few raps of electric wire like most lurchers.while out lamping and day time hunting and it didnt phase him too much.it wasnt until he got too 8ish that he got roasted on a good few wet windy nights out lamping,and that f****d him. so much so if u were between game and wire hed run the lenght of wire looking for a break then make a bee line towards game,during the course hed be fine,in the end i began to lose game with him it was either go under each wire and then slip,but to be honest i didnt mind hed given me a good few yrs sport and i retired him too a friend.that fucken wire i reckon has destroyed many a lurcher.a long answer to ur question.

Got one here got hung up on old wire fence as a pup thing was he cleared the new fence but there was an old one behind that caught him ever since he always looks to go under,thing is he 25 tts lol

Got an old bank to do tomorrow that's full of old wire bramble and Hawthorne so should be interesting.

Got one here got hung up on old wire fence as a pup thing was he cleared the new fence but there was an old one behind that caught him ever since he always looks to go under,thing is he 25 tts lol

Got an old bank to do tomorrow that's full of old wire bramble and Hawthorne so should be interesting.

its the electric wire on the ground and when the ground is wet their the ones that do the damage.lets hope ur lad stays sound all the best.

i bred him myself their was 9 in his litter, 5 broken coated and 4 really smooth coated, the smooths turned out like if u can imagine a racey but powerful built staff x.

My uncle's dog looked like an ugly broken coated leggy staff but he had a real nice shape to him and had buckets of drive, sure he could have made some handy lurchers but my uncle was never interested in breeding from him.