I was out walking my dogs across the farm were I do a bit of ferreting for coney, rat.they is a vixen who I normally come across and in last two years she's had two litters wich I have watched for many hours. To see the cubs play puts a smile on my face. Iv also bumpt into brock several times, mostly around five am when exercising curs, any how it was around 2pm and it was raining, my whippet stood still sniffing and the bedyx was looking towards a clump of grass, I could see it was a animal but what? I tied the dogs to the gate and ventured forward to see what beasty it was. I couldn't believe it, at first I thought a porcupine had escaped but it was a couple weeks old badger cub, he was soaked and all his fur had gone spikey. He stuffed himself into a scrape he'd been digging in, he started grunting away once he new I was there and curled up more. He lookt like he was lost, wet, and scared so I stepped away and he didn't make any etemp to run. I took my wax coat of and with difficulty I got him inside a harm. I took him to a set not far away from were he was and plopt him out my jacket," wich took longer than it did to get him into it" he ran straight down a hole, this set is quite big and as been oak tree set as long as I can remember.im sure he'd got lost or something had scared it's mum and she'd left him. I told the farmer and he said "my cattle are tb free and badgers in that set are jabd, and have been in that set for over hundred years. I love to see wildlife of all kinds, Im at my best when out in our buitifull countryside, I must invest in a good camera, atvb j

• Like 3

Got bit by a badger cub once

Did it hurt

Throbbed & it was only a youngun. At the time I remember thinking it feels as if ive been hit on both sides of my hand with a 20 oz hammer, as in the pain you get when you hit the wrong nail.

I take kids out for a mooch on nights its too still an bright for lamping and we can get to anywhere upto 12 inches from them as they snuffle about grunting an rooting up the grass round the lakes, seen some real tiny ones out an my daughter dont stop going on about the one we saw about size of a rugby ball haha it walked right over her welly as we stood still with amber filter on lamp shining on ground, Ill try get some pics on me phone one night

it's good to get kids out and let them see wild life first hand, iv had hours upon hours watching badgers and Fox, to see the cubs play is definitely going to make you smile,