anyone have any photos or built anything of the above...say something that can hold half a dozen sticks that would look not out of place in a modern home...ive searched but havent found any ideas that appeal to me

https://www.pinterest.ie/pin/280982464223885664/

Edited by jigsaw

You've got me thinking. I've an off cut of 2" snooker bed slate which has a lovely charcoal colour when finished. In my head I can see a chrome rod of about 2 ft in height with a hardwood timber top to support a number of sticks. Indents in the slate to accept the ferrules. Bit of chrome nosing to set it off. The weight of the slate would be anchor enough and it could be against a wall or free standing. Just a thought. Might be an idea to have a word with Gruffalogriff on here as well. He has the most amazing ideas. Jok.

You've got me thinking. I've an off cut of 2" snooker bed slate which has a lovely charcoal colour when finished. In my head I can see a chrome rod of about 2 ft in height with a hardwood timber top to support a number of sticks. Indents in the slate to accept the ferrules. Bit of chrome nosing to set it off. The weight of the slate would be anchor enough and it could be against a wall or free standing. Just a thought. Might be an idea to have a word with Gruffalogriff on here as well. He has the most amazing ideas. Jok.

Sounds interesting,,,hopefully a few ideas might come of this ,id like something to hold 4-6 sticks that wouldnt look like it was found in the tip lol

Well if I was knocking it up I'd cap the ends of box section with stainless and drill and tap it or drill some holes prior to welding them on and tack nuts on the inside, if you've any mates or acquaintances with a fab shop it's probably two hours work to cut box, mag drill stick holes in box and cap ends . Only an idea and some light oak wood look nice with the stainless

sorry you lost me after the '' tap it'' bit lol...ive never seen the inside of a fab shop??...I dont think lol

its a frame or stand im thinking of really,i have a spot in the hall and i might try make a top holder fixed to the wall and separate base that would be connected to the skirting board...im just thinking it out at the minute,,this could take years lol

• Like 1