How Much Collie Is To Much

Its horses for courses ally depends what your doing with the dog! My mate hates collie x sees no use for them hes a bullx man and can be quiet blind sometimes to why people wouldnt want a bullx ! Best bitch Iv seen is colliebullgrey her job is one the hardest Id say in the lurcher game but shes pretty fecking awesome at it ! Plus as ray mention some peoples personality dont suit colliex if they sense your annoyed they can be funny feckers and not work il got a little less intense while out and get on with my bitch a whole lot better ! Iv got a pup here a colliegwpgrey Im excited to see how she progresses but will be taking a chilled out approach with her

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally,...I like all the various herding composites, been around them since I was very young,..and now I am very old   As for their usage,..well,..only a fool keeps a dog that cannot do the job

What I've found over the years is that people who don't like collie in a dog normally struggle with training them ... something to do with the dog being more intelligent than them lol .......

For me they suit me, I like there temperament the way they work there looks i.e. statue, coat, feet, bone, head, and brains, all these I rate very highly in a dog, has I,ve got older my thoughts an

Posted Images

Its horses for courses ally depends what your doing with the dog! My mate hates collie x sees no use for them hes a bullx man and can be quiet blind sometimes to why people wouldnt want a bullx ! Best bitch Iv seen is colliebullgrey her job is one the hardest Id say in the lurcher game but shes pretty fecking awesome at it ! Plus as ray mention some peoples personality dont suit colliex if they sense your annoyed they can be funny feckers and not work il got a little less intense while out and get on with my bitch a whole lot better ! Iv got a pup here a colliegwpgrey Im excited to see how she progresses but will be taking a chilled out approach with her

true that above regards colliexs temp (wont work) etc . one day me, trigger, and vin were up on the hills rabbiting with our dogs , just mooch and pop a ferret in now and then, just nice chilled walk, there lot of sheep about, this day there were few lambs about , no prob as all dogs are broke to sheep, walk through them no prob at all . :thumbs: . well what we norm did was let Bryn mark all the berries , as his mark spot on with his style he scratch at the ground, in fact the other dogs will follow Bryn around the other lads will say the same , that Bryn is brill at this sport, you get some good bags working with him deff :yes: . well Bryn was fooking about this day god knows why , he was smelling where lambs had been or scenting them , i could see this , he wasn't marking or acting like his normal self , ive always said the prat manic lol , so i shouted to him to find with the normal noise i made which he knew so does Buck my i x gsd x grey , Buck will go flat out looking no matter what if these game there he go through brick wall to get it lol, well as above like what wales 1234 said , the collie x funny fookers, Bryn just switched off stopped working , and started to walk behind me , i may as well have been walking on a road , and not in a field as i was , the lads asked whats wrong with Bryn , i said i shouted at him, so he decided to pack up that day , what good is that in a dog that does that , clever dogs think to much about anything , and are very very easily upset . :yes: i keep saying you dont need all that brain in any lurcher to do rabbit work day or night , that lurcher x lurcher bitch was good in the day and night as i said , and didnt have this collie feckin temp that's i get pissed off with :yes: there no doubt about i t collie , gsd, etc deff put great qualities in a lurcher deff, but you dont need alot in a lurcher a 1/4 is plenty of any herding breed , well thats what i think about them , we all different in this dog game, and that's ok as they say . :thumbs:

Got a collie x grey x bull x grey not intrested in marking holes he is 18 months yet got a beddyx whippet xcollie grey 4 1/2 months he is a really good marker but if I had known he had bull in him I wouldn't of had him and he is very puppyish

Got bullx pup here was marking foxes at 5 months

Got a collie x grey x bull x grey not intrested in marking holes he is 18 months yet got a beddyx whippet xcollie grey 4 1/2 months he is a really good marker but if I had known he had bull in him I wouldn't of had him and he is very puppyish

Excuse me if this is a stupid post but if you didn't know it had bull in it how do you know now?

If you buy a pup off stuff you dont know then you will always take the chance it don't work out.......I have done it and I'm sure plenty more have too.

That said, all the sal x bull Xs I have had took ages to mature so maybe give him time......they never marked to ground but they could sure kill and hunt foxes.

• Like 1

true that above regards colliexs temp (wont work) etc . one day me, trigger, and vin were up on the hills rabbiting with our dogs , just mooch and pop a ferret in now and then, just nice chilled walk, there lot of sheep about, this day there were few lambs about , no prob as all dogs are broke to sheep, walk through them no prob at all . :thumbs: . well what we norm did was let Bryn mark all the berries , as his mark spot on with his style he scratch at the ground, in fact the other dogs will follow Bryn around the other lads will say the same , that Bryn is brill at this sport, you get some good bags working with him deff :yes: . well Bryn was fooking about this day god knows why , he was smelling where lambs had been or scenting them , i could see this , he wasn't marking or acting like his normal self , ive always said the prat manic lol , so i shouted to him to find with the normal noise i made which he knew so does Buck my i x gsd x grey , Buck will go flat out looking no matter what if these game there he go through brick wall to get it lol, well as above like what wales 1234 said , the collie x funny fookers, Bryn just switched off stopped working , and started to walk behind me , i may as well have been walking on a road , and not in a field as i was , the lads asked whats wrong with Bryn , i said i shouted at him, so he decided to pack up that day , what good is that in a dog that does that , clever dogs think to much about anything , and are very very easily upset . :yes: i keep saying you dont need all that brain in any lurcher to do rabbit work day or night , that lurcher x lurcher bitch was good in the day and night as i said , and didnt have this collie feckin temp that's i get pissed off with :yes: there no doubt about i t collie , gsd, etc deff put great qualities in a lurcher deff, but you dont need alot in a lurcher a 1/4 is plenty of any herding breed , well thats what i think about them , we all different in this dog game, and that's ok as they say . :thumbs:

. You're right there Ray temp etc there's times that it can be very frustrating a Wheaton xs may suit thee better for the nest one when brains finished lol.atb bunnys

For me they suit me, I like there temperament the way they work there looks i.e. statue, coat, feet, bone, head, and brains, all these I rate very highly in a dog, has I,ve got older my thoughts and opinions of the lurcher game has changed I,m not bothered about catching big numbers nowadays been there done that, I still love going out and working my dogs which are Dan, and my pure collie bitch Liz, my old bitch Gwen is now retired, I use these two dogs or mooching, bushing, ferreting and lamping, I can take my dogs anywhere and no one gives us a second glance and that suits me they ain't much to look ät but they suit me, in my opinion I think the quality of lurchers being bred nowadays has slipped to many are being bred off show dogs for looks when all these dogs have to offer on their CVs are Championship wins, and another thing people are obsessed with is speed, to many lurchers being bred nowadays look like pure greyhounds, not for me, but I suppose it's each to their own.Regards Collie John.

The last time i was on collie curs before it ended. Chris W had a young welsh collie bitch do you know if she come good for him thanks.atb.

For me they suit me, I like there temperament the way they work there looks i.e. statue, coat, feet, bone, head, and brains, all these I rate very highly in a dog, has I,ve got older my thoughts and opinions of the lurcher game has changed I,m not bothered about catching big numbers nowadays been there done that, I still love going out and working my dogs which are Dan, and my pure collie bitch Liz, my old bitch Gwen is now retired, I use these two dogs or mooching, bushing, ferreting and lamping, I can take my dogs anywhere and no one gives us a second glance and that suits me they ain't much to look ät but they suit me, in my opinion I think the quality of lurchers being bred nowadays has slipped to many are being bred off show dogs for looks when all these dogs have to offer on their CVs are Championship wins, and another thing people are obsessed with is speed, to many lurchers being bred nowadays look like pure greyhounds, not for me, but I suppose it's each to their own.Regards Collie John.

. That's same fa me John a great post a man that sees the positives in a old traditional types qualities.atb bunnys

. That's same fa me John a great post a man that sees the positives in a old traditional types qualities.atb bunnys

Quite right billhardy: I agree too, though in my case I've never been in the position to be part of the numbers game...apart from those rare occasions when I nearly made it into double figures! :D

Like a lot of choices in life, you can write a list of requirements and do all the sums and, as a result, you might work out which breed, mobile phone, house, job, wife etc are "right" for you but often there's something else you can't quantify that helps you make your decision. Like collies: we can't all be the same.

The last time i was on collie curs before it ended. Chris W had a young welsh collie bitch do you know if she come good for him thanks.atb.

Don't know pal, not seen or spoken to Chris in along time, he moved away.Regards Collie John.

• Like 1